Latitude E6330 High Sierra Upgrade using Clover

griftopia

So I followed instructions from this thread

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/10073-firmware-feature-mask-list/

First thing I noticed when High Sierra was installing was no mouse keyboard. Unsure if this is expected or not. Regardless it completed then restarted back into Clover. Except no bootable volumes were detected. Not my OS partition and neither my Recovery Partition.

I'm restoring my SSD Backup now and will try again. Would really help if someone can inform I'm missing some step. Do I need to burn 10.13 to USB like ordinary Mac users do and reinstall? I simply launched from AppStore and went through with it. When I rebooted I had an extra menu in Clover for "Boot from Install ...". I used that and everything seemed to be going well until the end.

Thanks much.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would I remember something I don't know about :-). No instructions told me that.

Right now I'm trying the whole process again, just in case I goofed something up. And if you are correct it's going to fail again.

Where do I get "apfs.efi" from? Or to ask another way, can I simply remove the HD, connect it to another laptop via e-Sata, mount the EFI partition, copy that file where it needs to be, then put back in laptop?

PS - I'm looking at backup of my EFI folder on another laptop right now and I don't even see "apfs.efi". So is this something new for 10.13? I know about APFS file system, but I wouldn't think it would switch to it without asking. Can you please reply attaching the file?

here are the issues.

1) Sleep used to work with FN+F1. Not anymore. It now shuts it down (like it does with my E6440). Not that big a deal.

2) Bluetooth does not work. :-(

3) Under System Preferences for Trackpad I get "No Trackpad found". So no options to set. But I'm using it. ???

So do I need new kexts? Not sure I should take the 7440 kexts or what.

I will worry about putting serial number back and getting FaceTime to work later.

OKay so I patched my Bluetooth. I took the VoodooPS2Controller, and now it works.

I haven't followed Rehabman's instructions, i.e. install the "daemon" but it does not seem to be necessary, since it works. Unless I see wierd behavior I will leave it alone.

Few things, not sure if I'm imagining. Laptop seems to be running slightly slower. Using different SSD so not sure if because of that. OTOH Battery life is much improved. Also I think I am using APFS because I didn't see instructions to launch the installer to preserve HFS+. Just thought I would mention it.

Finally, Clover settings not being saved. My theme is stuck to whatever it was when i rebooted after first 10.13 install.

I meant I had already upgraded to APFS before I saw the post.

My Clover theme I was trying to fix using Clover configurator. Will try what you mentioned above in config plist. One thing I noticed diff was there is no nvram.plist file in EFI folder like there used to be. I was about to try save to system partition setting, but will defer that