[SUCCESS] Sierra on Optiplex 9020

fademar

On 9/19/2018 at 6:44 PM, Jake Lo said:

Update Clover to the latest on the Sierra system

Done, no help.  The message has changed though, from kextd wait(0), 'display' to kextd wait(0),'IGPU'. Also, the screen flickers when using Chrome, but it's fine otherwise.

EDIT: Decided to bite the bullet and reinstall from scratch. Problem gone.

• Haha 1

To Jake Lo and everyone on this forum/thread... Thank you! I was able to get my 9020 up and running with Sierra in no time. :)

I do have one last item that I can't figure out.... USB 3.0

My USB 3.0 Ports are not working, as I believe the tutorial stated you had to disable usb 3.0 in the bios to actually get MACOS to boot and not hang. 

I am wondering if there is a work around to get USB 3.0 working in MacOS on the 9020? It's the only thing I truly need as the 9020 is my HTPC and I have all my dvds and bluRays dumped on USB 3.0 Drive. needless to say read/write at 2.0 speeds is limiting the playback of my files. 

Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you so much!!!! 

Hi Jake,

Sincere Apologies on the late reply. I had an alert set for a reply to this thread, but I never received it. 

I believe I did find the causality of my issue. Enabling 3.0 would completely freeze the boot process, and upon reviewing my clover settings I found that USB Ownership and Injection were not checked. Enabling those I am now able to boot into the system and utilize all the USB 3.0 ports. 

Thank you so much!