[SUCCESS] Dell E6520 i7 (HD3000 Only) on El Capitan 10.11.6 Upgrade to Sierra or High Sierra?

VTHackMac

Hi, I have a Dell E6520 i7 16GB HD3000 Samsung 1T Data running El Capitan 10.11.6 for a long time. Now Apple is changing many software tools to require Sierra or High Sierra. Is there a guide somewhere to guide me through how to upgrade? Can I go to High Sierra directly from El Capitan?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

If you run El Capitan with Clover, you can upgrade pretty much directly.

If you run with Enoch, opt for Sierra (no support for easy High Sierra installation yet) and perform a fresh install over your existing El Capitan installation. You'll retain all existing files and/or applications.

To upgrade to High Sierra

See post #2 and 3 here

Thanks Jake.  I am trying to download High Sierra, but it appears the installation is only a link now.  App Store is no longer downloading the full install.  Is there a way around this so I can follow your HFS+ instructions please?

Okay, I had copied all my El Capitan kext from the 10.11 to 10.13 to prep for High Sierra update. Also added the afsp.

After full Time Machine backup completed, I initiated the High Sierra install. The process created an installation patition and restarted, on restart, it started the Clover bootloader, then I selected the installation patition to boot, the Applelogo came up for a bit, then rebooted back to the Clover bootloader screen. I cannot seem to get the install going. What am I doing wrong?

I tried to do the update, the process created a MacOS install partition and rebooted into Clover bootloader, I chose the install partition to boot and the Apple logo came up for a few seconds and system rebooted back into Clover again. What am I doing wrong?