[Solved] E7470 High Sierra (NVMe) fresh install failed

murad3994

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I think I figured out the issue why alternate works but not Clover. With alternate you're using fakeID IntelGFX 0x12345678 without graphics acceleration. But when acceleration was added you get KP, so it means you didn't set the DVMT necessary for HD 520 to load. The alternative would be to use Lilu & IntelGraphicsDVMTFxup. So add this kext to /clover/kext/Other with the files from post #60.

Off topic, you could update the kexts using file from murad3994.zip. Most of the kexts are the same, the ones that are not, you could leave them as is.

See also post #2 and 3 here

• Moderators

You should be able to use all the files from murad3994.zip with the addition of IntelGraphicsDVMTFxup (cause of your KP)

I see you have AtherosE2200Ethernet & RealtekRTL8111 in one of your clover folder, get rid of them if you still have them, you have Intel ethernet which is already included in murad3994.zip.

Check the BIOS, disable Legacy Option ROM. If ethernet still not showing, then check LAN, make sure it's enabled.

You won't see Trackpad in preference with current PS2 kext, but you'll have 2 finger scrolling, tap to drag and simple mouse movement.

You could try Alps kext, but last I tried, movement is not very fluent. Just remove ApplePS2Controller from /e/c/k/Other with the one from the link