[Solved] E7470 High Sierra (NVMe) fresh install failed

murad3994

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSD firmware version was already up to date = 20005A00.

Just installed Windows 10, and something weird happened!

I had to switch to Legacy mode in order to continue Windows installation from the M.2 SSD.

Although it booted and installed fine from USB in UEFI mode   :?  :?

Edit: Windows now booting from UEFI, with same BIOS settings as if it was Hackintosh.

• Administrators

what i wanted to know was if you had windows installed because it can cause install issues with sierra. ok so these errors are on the usb installer. so are you using usb2 thumb drive or usb3 maybe switching the type of usb might help. it must be something we are overlooking because others have installed fine. 

finally was able to reach install screen but SSD is not shown!

using attached config.plist

kexts from murad3994.zip (thanks to Jake)

ACPI is default (contains three empty folders)

Edit:

• I added ACPI from murad3994.zip > still no ssd in disk utility.
  • About the config.plist file, I have no idea what the options are for. I just copycat from another website, and also from the one provided by Jake.
  • If I add the config file from murad3994.zip, it will not show usb installer in the boot menu

config.plist.zip

VboxHFS-64.efi was already in drivers64UEFI folder, so I replaced it with HFSPlus.efi. I also replaced config.plist with the one you provided. and still doesn't show the SSD.

it shows

External > USB installer (30GB)

Disk Image > OS X Base System (2.01GB)

Yes, I already tried that.

I remember when I started using "an alternative to clover", I could see about 5 drives in its boot menu, but never got to the installation screen. And when I was able to boot to the installation screen, there were only two drives in boot menu; the usb installer and ‘Boot Windows EFI from EFI’ or sth like that.