[HELP] 7710 Post Install Issue

tom032792

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I was just playing around with the karabiner app and apparently f6 will turn my backlight down, but I can't find a key to turn it back up. I also now have a brightness slider in "display settings" but the brightness levels are out of order (the brightest setting is about 3/4 of the way to the right instead of all the way). In fact, it seems like the brightness bar actually just goes dark to bright about 5 times or so as you drag it from left to right. 

• Moderators

run this in terminal to determine sleep/wake issue. Post result here

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

For audio after wake, add EAPDFix.kext to /L/E, can be found in my E7x70 bootpack.

Use Karabiner-Elements to adjust the keys, can find example in my E7x70 guide under post install. Fn+11 and Fn+12

What did you do to add the brightness slider?

That's the weird part. I have the karabiner-elements app installed and configured as per that guide and the f6 key I just have set to be an f6 key, I don't have it set to be anything else, nor is that the default/factory brightness key on the laptop. It's very strange. Here is the error log. It's quite long so it's in a text file. 

I'll try the EAPDFix and see what that does. 

EDIT: I tried putting EAPDFix in the /L/E folder, and still have the issue.  

syslog wake.rtf

Ok, so I think the issue with the display controls not working was that I had the "Use all etc etc" box checked. I unchecked that and now that's working properly, except that first 8 notches in the on screen display work properly. The remaining ones seem to just almost randomly cycle through brightness levels again. Not sure what's going on there? 

I'm still not getting audio after sleep, and the laptop will sleep and then immediately wake back up. I checked the BIOS and the setting for wake on WAN is off, and I checked bluetooth settings in OSX and it's off there too. I even turned bluetooth off from settings and it still happens. I'm using a Dell DW1560 for wifi that I just installed tonight, but I swear this was happening before too.