[HELP] 7710 Post Install Issue

tom032792

• Moderators

I see you have AppleALC v1.2.1 but lilu 1.2.0. Try updating Lilu to 1.2.1 or downgrade AppleALC to 1.2.0

Note: Wow, I couldn't even boot the system with those 2 kexts mixed together. Had to use both version at 1.2.1 or 1.2.0

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just updated Lilu to 1.2.1 and it causes the whole system to hang. I'm booting back up in safe mode now, but idk why that happened.

It's hanging up again at ioconsoleusers: gioscreenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0, which is what it would hang at before I installed lilu and whatevergreen.

well, it must be loading those to from the EFI partition now because changing them in L/E where they also are/were doesn't matter and idk how to change the efi partion contents if I can only boot in safe mode

Use Ubuntu Live USB to boot into your laptop then dump codec by the command:

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt
(or)
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt
(or)
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#2 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt

Then attache the codec dump to this post. let me see i can create new patch for u

I'm doing this now.

I have also rolled back Lilu in the /L/E to 1.2.0, and done the same in the EFI partion/Other folder. However, I'm still getting a freeze on a normal (non -x) boot. I've also removed appleALC from those locations and i'm not sure what else to try

Use lilu 1.2.0 and AppleALC 1.2.0 in only 1 location. In your case it's /L/E

There's an Option in Clover where you can boot without kext injection by hitting the spacebar. 

I've removed Lilu and AppleALC from the efi partitions. but it's still hanging without using the -x flag. If I load it without kexts, it doesn't boot then either. Lilu + whatevergreen were what let it boot normally in the first place.

Is

sudo kextcache -i /

the command that I should be using? I've removed AppleALC from everywhere, and only have lilu and whatevergreen in L/E and have run that command and no dice.

• Moderators

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /