Help request on Latitude E7440 High Sierra Clover

jones333333

Jake Lo, I tried everything but without any success. I also tried to replace the battery by a new one again and it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Battery is draining 1% per minute it seems... I checked my processor speedstepping and it seems to be working correctly too.

Anyone encountering the same issue with this model ?

Re: wireless card, if ther E7440 has space for a full size card, I highly recommend this:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7554-apple-broadcom-bcm4360cd-80211-ac-wifi-and-bluetooth-combo-card/

Just for anyone interested in doing this: I managed to fit a BCM94360CS2 with PCI-E adapter in the WWAN slot of the e7440. I had to replace the original antenna's (which I think had U.FL connectors) by 2 MHF4 antenna's to get it working. Works perfectly out of the box :-P , be sure to enable WWAN + Bluetooth in the bios though.

• Like 1

Off-topic but I also achieved this, I didn't replace the antennas since I was lazy to open the LCD panel, instead I soldered (only a drop above each connection so they stay in place) the E7440's built-in antennas to the BCM94360CS2 chip connectors. Everything works as intended "out of the box" (no WIFI or BT patches at all) handoff, continuity, hotspot, etc.  :twisted:

• Like 2