[HELP] E6540 High Sierra install

sunilkumar

Hi Jake Low , I too have the same hardware the Dell Latitude E6540 with i7 4810MQ , Intel HD 4600 graphics , 16 Gig ram , 500gig hard drive and Radeon 8790M .

​My Bios is at A21 as that is the latest Bios on the Dell Support Page for the Latitude e6540 , unless I am mistaken.

Using your files , just changing the serial number with clover configurator, I have for the first time successfully installed Sierra 10.12.6 so a big thank you. I use the Fake PCIID.Kext and Fake PCIID Intel HD Graphics for smooth graphic operation.

My problem is when trying to install High Sierra 10.13.0 or 10.13.3 I can not get past the initial boot phase as the graphics become scrambled and unusable? Do you have any suggestions ?

Also one small thing everytime Sierra boots the display brightness slider value is always at around %20 any suggestions.

I'd be very grateful for any assistance , thanks.

• Moderators

A22 was the latest, it suppose to fix the recent Meltdown vulnerability. I guess Dell must have pulled it

The bootpack I attached is for High Sierra. The fakepcIID kexts are inside /kexts/Other/LE which you move to /Library/Extensions during post Install

Post a screenshot of the issue you're having while installing HS.

The brightness level is hardcoded in the Config file "BacklightLevel", it should be 50%, but you could try changing it to a different value.

Thank you again Jake! Yes by changing the value to 0xffff the brightness issue has resolved so that everytime I startup Sierra it loads in at full brightness so happy! It's the little things like that that I feel can take away from the Hackintosh experience so when it gets resolved it's great.

I will share screen shots with you of HighSierra not working soon.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and being so helpful and informative ...

Very grateful !