Raghav Pahuja

M6800: help required to fix boot to black screen

Hey thanks for the guide! 

Unfortunately it didn't fix my issue, I tried the method mentioned in the above thread and I suspect that with my HDMI display plugged in (because that's the only way I can use my hackintosh) it was generating the external display's edid. So I installed windows on my computer  using the Nvidia control panel and selected my internal monitor's edid. I tried injecting that edid(internal display)  using clover but still only the external display is working with graphics acceleration. 

P.S. I also tried booting by disabling the Nvidia from clover and followed the guide above but Darwin Dumper then wouldn't give me those three files a.k.a my EDID folder debug_28456.zipwas empty. 

Please it will really appreciated if you could help me through this issue. I'm adding my problem reporting files. 

Do you already tried the @Jake Lo's tip?

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/7851-dell-precision-m6800-mobile-workstation-wip/?do=findComment&comment=64970

I don't know if it'll help but I remember that Howoarang got his M4800black screen issue in Sierra resolved by switching SMBIOS from MBP11,1 to iMac14,2:

You could try that and if it works, opt for a bastardized MPB11,2 SMBIOS where you'll keep the MBP11,2 parameters except the board-id that you'll replace with that of iMac14,2.