10.14.1 in Dell Precision 5530

augustopaulo

Good morning Jake Lo.

My display is 1080p, as you've well configured on AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer patch, but still no graphics HW acceleration, although it detects iGPU on boot...

I've even tried to boot with laptop connected to VGA and after HDMI connection - since I have the Dell DA200 (USB-C to HDMI/VGA/Ethernet/USB 3.0) - but still hangs at same position:

thumbnail_IMG_1353.thumb.jpg.63c62f708f9d191c251df15cf5f0f71a.jpg

Do you still want me to leave IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/other ?

Could this related to 10.4.1 ? Should I go back to 10.4.0 (latest) or 10.4.3 (latest beta) ?

Paulo

Good morning Bronxteck,

Thanks, but I know how to use the Clover keys at boot up, I was just asking Jake Lo if  should still keep this kext while he's providing me more configs to test, also, I've read that Whatevergreen.kext replaces this one (& others), no?

What do you think I should do now ? Install High Sierra or Mojave (& any betas) ?

Could it be something with my UEFI BIOS configuration ?

Actually, even when I tried to generate the Framebuffer Dumps (/AppleIntelFramebuffer_X_Y ) according to Intel FB-Patcher guide, but I could not get anything written on root of drive even with all the necessary Clover boot arguments  (-igfxdump) and using the  debug versions of Whatevergreen & Lilu.... How can I achieve this ?

Any help welcome! ;-)

Paulo

Good morning Jake Lo,

Thanks, this is the 1st config.plist that didn't  end with kernel panic! 

It passes the previous boot phase, clears the screen, all black with a white cursor at top left blinking and stays there - I can see the laptop is operational but does not move FWD in the booting process... But hey, much better now - I fell this is progress!!  ;-)

I tested this very quickly this morning before leaving for work, so, as soon as I'm back, I'll provide more evidences and investigate a bit further, plus also try to boot this new config.plist with with Dell DA200 adapter for HDMI & VGA video outputs...

I've also been able to generate a framebuffer dump (/AppleIntelFramebuffer_18_2) from Whatevergreen.kext (debug  version with "-igfxdump" on clover boot), but I'll have to check if this also when I get back home.

Last, I'll also post later my UEFI BIOS screenshots to see if I there's something there worth looking at, ok?

See you all later!

Paulo

Good evening,

Below is the boot picture with Jake Lo, where the laptop is functional but does not continue with the boot process:

thumbnail_IMG_1361.thumb.jpg.1959c8ae5d731c8e4be36a2d5d0b505e.jpg 

And I tried several times with VGA & HDMI adapter, but the result is the same.

Also, I've attempted to re-create the conditions to generate the framebuffer dump (Whatevergreen.kext), but failed. So, I'm attaching here the only that was generated yesterday...

AppleIntelFramebuffer_10_18.2.zip

Hope that you guys don't run out of ideas ;-)

Paulo