d630-intel-1440x900 Lion success

nac

I have a D630 c2d 2.2gh, 3Gb mem, intel 1440x900. Had various trouble install any hackintosh before I found this site.

The laptop is now multiboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) with win2k, xp and ubuntu and I have a 250gb hard drive for trying osx out.

I'm completely open for any version of osx and like to know your recommendations.

I tried to create usb installer from my 10.6.4 dvd from apple but failed, it boot to a black screen...

I also used the downloaded sld430 installer, the same thing: boot to black screen...

Could anyone give me some advices for getting started?

Thanks a lot

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a lot of failures, some success. A big thanks to Nac whose post helped a lot. I used myHack to make my USB pen for Lion and changed the DSDT and Boot.plist as per Nac's instructions and got 1440x900 resolution right away.

The Lion install went okay but when I tried to install EDP 2.2 I got a kernel panic when I tried to confirm my kext options. This is the second time this happened to me.

So the next time I installed Lion, I swapped the DSDT and Boot.plist in Extra in order to get 1440x900, and rebooted to USB, then chose the internal HD and it finally booted okay, with 1440x900 resolution. At that point I:

- installed Chameleon (latest version from the Guide here)

- DIDN'T install EDP

- repaired permissions and updated to 10.7.3

Rebooted and am now at 10.7.3.

I have no Sound.

I have no Trackpad preference pane, but the trackpad works.

The processor speed is listed as 1.2 Ghz instead of 2.0 Ghz.

I'd like to ask for advice on how to proceed. What should I do about EDP? Any idea why I get a kernel panic when installing the kexts (for D630 Intel graphics)?

This step seems pretty essential, as the last time I got the EDP kernel panic and had to reboot, it messed up my system and I had to reinstall from scratch.

Hi moonman,

I've been trying to get Lion working on my D630 as well, and I'm in a very similar situation as you.

I created a boot disc from Lion 10.7.4, which created an extra problem: ACPIPlatform, if you ever upgrade to Lion 10.7.4, you need to replace that kext with an older version. Otherwise, your HDD won't be found anymore.

I had kernel panics when installing EDP2.2 as well, so I refrained from that the second time I installed.

I've got the 1440*900*32, using the custom dsdt, and hardware acceleration is working fine (I didn't install any extra kexts for that, just make sure chameleon boots in i386 mode)!

This is my boot plist:

HpGpd.png

Edit: I've disabled "ignore boot cache"

I've added the extra kexts I installed as extrao this post.

I'm still missing audio, I've installed a bunch of kexts but none seem to work as of yet. The audio function keys do create a response on the screen though, and I have a grey audio icon of which I can't increase the volume in the titlebar.

WIFI isn't working, and it'll never work until I maybe decide to replace it.

So I've got:

• Sleep (simply closing the lid and opening the lid, it's awesome)
  • Battery status (seems to be accurate)
  • Full resolution & grapic acceleration
  • Ethernet
  • Keyboard/mouse/trackpad (kindof)

The zip also contains my boot plist, the DSDT and the ACPIPlatform.kext.

10.7.4_Extra.zip

Hi moonman,

I've been trying to get Lion working on my D630 as well, and I'm in a very similar situation as you.

I created a boot disc from Lion 10.7.4, which created an extra problem: ACPIPlatform, if you ever upgrade to Lion 10.7.4, you need to replace that kext with an older version. Otherwise, your HDD won't be found anymore.

I had kernel panics when installing EDP2.2 as well, so I refrained from that the second time I installed.

I've got the 1440*900*32, using the custom dsdt, and hardware acceleration is working fine (I didn't install any extra kexts for that, just make sure chameleon boots in i386 mode)!

This is my boot plist:

HpGpd.png

I'm still missing audio, I've installed a bunch of kexts but none seem to work as of yet. The audio function keys do create a response on the screen though, and I have a grey audio icon of which I can't increase the volume in the titlebar.

So I've got:

• Ethernet

10.7.4_Extra.zip

I finally got Lion installed okay using the Extra folder you zipped here above. Many thanks. I had a hybrid USB pen from my previous install with myHack, but it worked okay. I pointed myHack to the Extra folder and it installed okay.

At this point, it seems pretty stable. I got 1440x900 resolution, keyboard and trackpad right away.

I DID NOT installed EDP 2.2, as I got kernel panics last time. So obviously I'm missing a few things on my system. I have no MODELS folder in Extra. I have only the Extensions folder. I don't have a Trackpad preference pane in System Prefs. Trackpad scrolling works really well though, using the right border. The pointer is slow though. Double tap works okay. I installed the AppleBattery kext, which I downloaded, and it seems to work okay.

I have no sound. I've downloaded and tried both VoodooHDA 2.7.2 and 2.7.3. I also tried installing Voodoo Loader which I found on another sight. No go. I have the VoodooHDA pref pane but it closes with an error when I try to open it.

I haven't updated to 10.7.3 or .4 yet. I was hoping to get Sound sorted out.

Questions:

1) Any suggestions re. Sound?

2) Should I do anything about EDP? Any problem in not having the Models folder in Extra?

Thanks Japsser.

Did you have nvidia/intel graphics?

Hi moonman,

This is my boot plist:

HpGpd.png

So I've got:

• Ethernet

10.7.4_Extra.zip

i have install lion on my d630 when install it's look ok but when first reboot i got boot0:error i am searching google for this trouble and got to dd boot1h i have running this method to ramdisk and disk to it fail is it wrong with my hard drive i am using toshiba 320GB this model TOSHIBA MK3259GSXP what hard disk type or brand i must use to running lion