[SOLVED] Need Help on Dell Inspiron i5570-7987SLV-PUS

razor7

Hi @Jake Lo! Finally the issue was the messy windows partitions, so I partitioned the whole disk, then created partition as HFS+ then installed MacOS. The install process went like the last time, it threw an error at the finish but after a reboot it worked.

After that, partitioned the disk to get a new ExFAT partition for windows 10 (not a container), then installed windows 10, booted with the USB stick again, installed Clover, renamed /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi and everything worked as expected.

Last step was to change CLOVER folder with this one Dell-5570-hackintosh and that's it...

Installer Log 13-Aug-2019-12233.zip

Hi! One more question, after installation everything seems to be normal, but double checking mi NVMe disk with Disk Utility, I've realized that somehow the installer converted the original HFS+ partition to APFS, can that cause me any issue? Is there a way to install MacOS avoidinf HFS+ to APFS conversion?

Thanks!

• Administrators

No, not since Mojave. Conversion is automatic. Only APFS is officially supported for macOS installation.

If you want to install on an MBR partitioned disk or on an HFS+ partition, you have to use special tricks/special installation method and that's a little complex unless you're an advanced Hackintosher. So, it's best that newbies avoid this...

• Like 1

Hi! guys!

I can't decide which WiFi/Bluetooth combo should I buy, I'm between the old DW1560 and the some kind new DW1830 (I know I have to add another antenna), also discarded DW1820A because lot of fakes. Mi laptop have M.2 connector for wifi card but I can't decide which one.

Which one do you recommend that works fine, stable, minimum to none configuration, kext installation, etc?

Thanks!