E6520

DraKuL71

UPDATE:---------------------------------------------------

Yep, I had a kernel panic. Ihad to delete the dreaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, To do this I boot into my unifail USB, and enter the terminal.

Typed in:

rm -rf /Volumes/"Your Leopard Partition No Quotes"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

exit, reboot, and hoped for the best

UPDATE:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so I just ran Verbose (-x) when booting up.

I have Kernel Panics:

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.4)

dependancy: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)

dependancy: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6.5)

I'm not too sure what to do now. I thought these Kexts or whatever were important to system operation.

UPDATE:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so I just ran Verbose (-x) when booting up.

I have Kernel Panics:

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.4)

dependancy: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4)

dependancy: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6.5)

I'm not too sure what to do now. I thought these Kexts or whatever were important to system operation.

So you are able to still boot your system via the USB flash drive, correct? If so, then it's a matter of finding the offending kexts or whatever it is that's causing these KP's. Rather than use multifail to install the DSDT, simply place the attached DSDT.aml directly in your /Extra folder. You may want to rename the existing one to dsdt.aml.old in case you need to go back to it.

So you are able to still boot your system via the USB flash drive, correct? If so, then it's a matter of finding the offending kexts or whatever it is that's causing these KP's. Rather than use multifail to install the DSDT, simply place the attached DSDT.aml directly in your /Extra folder. You may want to rename the existing one to dsdt.aml.old in case you need to go back to it.

that DSDT doesn't work with E6520. I've been trying everything and nothing works. I can load Lion just fine with ethernet working and resolution set to 1600x900x32 (however 64MB is reported). But when I try to run multifail or chameleon, i don't get very far and have to reinstall lion each time. No one has any success with this?

My new method will be to steer away from chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded). I will only be using Chameleon and ChamPlist.

Someone recommended Dumping DSDT and Patching as it is more reliable and better.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Still looking for some help on the most complete install to date.

I've tried the iFail L2 Install method, still a no go. I did a restore to USB using disk utility with the .dmg image file.

I then installed chameleon to the new iFail L2 USB.

The install goes great but after restart, can't get into seeing the Lion setup. I'm stuck in verbose but hear the OS X setup speech and music.

Any ideas where to go next?

Still no help with this....I am on the exact same spot as I was last time I replied. . . . I have tried other install methods but the unifail USB method works the best

But once using multifail....i can't start up.

Please help!

I am using INTEL HD 3000

Guest Duc

Guys, did you experience the freeze with your E6520 install? I used to have a hackintosh laptop with GTX 460M card and the system is freezed randomly (system completely not responding except for mouse movement). Looking forward to buy a new E6520 but the NVS 4200M card seems belong the Fermi series which has the notorious fermi freeze problem with OSX: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247692

This forum has been worthless for help. Ive been working on this E6520 for months and still can't get it to work. for the 12 time I will ask for any assistance you can provide. I have this nice i5 and it sits there. Anyway, good luck to any other e6520 users.

Guys, did you experience the freeze with your E6520 install? I used to have a hackintosh laptop with GTX 460M card and the system is freezed randomly (system completely not responding except for mouse movement). Looking forward to buy a new E6520 but the NVS 4200M card seems belong the Fermi series which has the notorious fermi freeze problem with OSX: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247692

• Downvote 1