E6520

DraKuL71

I have not had a ton of time to test, but thus far, things are working. Display went to sleep on me and would not wake. Sound works. DISPLAY is KILLER!!! THANK YOU Mick! USB works. Wireless (atheros) works. LAN works. Seems to be pretty stable so far, but again, not a lot of time working on it. Should be able to this weekend.

What does NOT work thus far.

Sleep

Webcam

Trackpad

Battery - loaded voodoo battery kext - Battery Icon now present, but has X in the middle, no batteries present.

Also has occasional video tear, one horizontal line. I can live with it thus far.

Mick,

I'm on V10 EXTRA.

-I have a functional trackpad and center pointer-track stick. Still no 2-finger tracking

-sleep absolutely doesn't work. If the computer has no input for longer than like 10 minutes, it will not awaken.

-no battery found. Battery indicator is X

-CD-ROM not recognized

-Wi-Fi works

-I installed a bunch of software. After my computer went to sleep once, the OSX bootup doesnt work. I could only get back into OSX via booting from USB MyHack stick. I attempted to reinstall Extra V10 and Full MyFix from the installer. -x -v does not boot OSX from Hard drive. I can still only boot from USB chameleon. I have champlist 2.4 installed where I edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist to not boot verbose. Maybe that broke something but I doubt it. I think sleep affected something. Because after booting without -v, it was working all up until the computer went to sleep with inactivity longer than 10 minutes. This is weird so for now I'm installing more software and booting via MyHack USB bootloader.

I don't know if I can fix sleep for now, checking the whole DSDT costs a lot of time :(. Could you post your error log here? (Applications > Console).

Does your webcam show up under Systemprofiler > USB devices? Could you post a screenshot of it?

This is the newest version with the best trackpad / ps2 kexts I could find, also the -v tag removed. For battery I should have a look on DSDT, will do it soon.

Are there other problems?

If you both could fill in the Submit your System form, then I will add this alpha version to EDP :).

Extra V11.zip

• Like 1

Ok no problem Mick, I know you're on top of it all. no worries. You know I really appreciate the help you've already given me. And as promised on payday I will contribute a donation. I am attaching my error log I think. A lot of info there so I did not know what you needed. No webcam for me, I dont have a built in one. Still the CD-ROM is a problem. I need that for burning audio production projects. I will fill out the form.

After I try Extra V11, I will post my results. Thank you Mick!

built in trackpad and joystick work now with V11. Thanks!

Webcam is present in System Report under USB devices as Laptop_Integrated_Webcam_FHD - It does not work in Photo Booth, but works in Facetime. However, in facetime the video quality is terrible.

Sleep still does not work.

DVD works

Battery still has X in icon

I put an audio CD in the tray and OS X read it immediately and opened iTunes. The audio plays successfully and I can skip tracks and everything. Audio CD is listed in the finder. Eject feature from finder pops the tray open. But, the eject logo at the top of the screen still says "no drives" even when the audio CD is listed in finder. Cannot eject from there. I am on Extra v 13 (2). Trackpad and joystick work fine (no 2-finger). No battery still.

I put an audio CD in the tray and OS X read it immediately and opened iTunes. The audio plays successfully and I can skip tracks and everything. Audio CD is listed in the finder. Eject feature from finder pops the tray open. But, the eject logo at the top of the screen still says "no drives" even when the audio CD is listed in finder. Cannot eject from there. I am on Extra v 13 (2). Trackpad and joystick work fine (no 2-finger). No battery still.

V13? Hook me up!