E6520

DraKuL71

• Administrators

sorry about that... but we dont have one, you might actually have a good chance trying my hack with his generic extra, then tweek the extra folder with the kexts you would need to get you fully up and running.

OK, I'll give that a shot...I'm still trying to get this to run. I think the Intel HD 3000 has a big part to do with the dificulty but Apple used that graphics chip in the mac mini so if i select that as the identifier it should work but it doesn't get me full graphics. I don't know what I'm doing anymore...I've been in and around so many circles with this install. School has started again and i still dont have Mac on this e6520....I need it badly.

• Administrators

Dear Rezmax,

I have not much experience with Intel HD 3000. There are several options to get graphics. Have you look for a kext that will inject it (i.e. you dev id)? Although apple may have vanilla kext that supports it, it need to be injected for the kext to be loaded.

Cheers!

I swear I've used GraphicsEnabler already and it did nothing. I sure wish someone with the e6520 (intel hd 3000) i5 with 4gb RAM and a successful OSX 10.7 Lion install could help out and tell me exactly what they did. It's like I'm the only one on the planet with this laptop trying to install this. Even the only one on this site. I have been tryin for months and months....almost nearing a year even. But, I keep trying. I've heard to try my Hack . Lion should use Intel HD 3000 out of the box. Mac uses it standard. I'm trying this next: http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/03/intel-hd-3000-on-your-hackintosh.html

Same issue here, I am not so sure its the graphics or the CHIPSET. However, I used this dsdt from this thread https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1109-e6420-research-thread/page__st__40 and got high res, however it killed my USB. If I remove it, I get to login but shoddy graphics. We need the right combo of dsdt, but i'm not sure how to do that.

I will be willing to help where I can.