Inspiron 7537: unable to update to Catalina 10.15.1

Mate94

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jake, welcome back!

Erhm..., I only installed Catalina to my SSD, nothing else. 

I cannot figure out whether the installation of Clover fails because I booted up in safe mode, or that is actually the Clover installer is the culprit. There are reports of it crashing on 10.15.1 during installation with r5098. 

I may as well did it again, but do you think that switching to FWRuntimeservices.efi+OCQuirks.efi instead of any AptioFix.efi would cause the booting process stuck at the apple logo with the loading bar? 

• Moderators

ok, sounds like SafeMode is causing the Clover installation issue.

FWRuntimeservices.efi is for OpenCore, not for Clover.

Try installing Clover from here

Try booting with verbose + debug 0x100 mode to determine the boot issue

Try -igfxvesa too if it's a graphics issue

I know. I mean that FWRuntime... is for OpenCore, but I was told that AptioMemoryFix and similar are deprecated now, and OcQuirks+FW should take their place instead. All according to its GitHub: https://github.com/ReddestDream/OcQuirks

I am not trying to sound impudent or all high and mighty, I am just sharing my experience. 😅

I blocked the following kexts: ACPIBatteryManager, BRCMPatchram3, BRCMFirmwarerdata, BRCMBluetoothinjector, AirportBrcmfixup. I added the -igfxvesa boot argument, as debug 0x100 had already been added, as you said and it stopped here. It doesn't seem obvious what the problem is, to me at least 🙃:IMG_20191118_232721.thumb.jpg.cb8788724ab2cd51ac079853577f5215.jpg

Oh, well... It was fun at least while it lasted. I have no way of modifying the files on my USB. And I have no way accessing another computer easily while trying modifications.

I guess I am turned back to Windows for now. No problem here, I am eyeing with an XPS 9570, maybe better luck with that.

Thank you for your help guys with this machine, I am sure it may be helpful for others with this config in the future. 😅