Lenovo Ideapad 130 i5 8250U

surenmunoo

Hi Guys, I am looking for help with my new laptop, i want to know if i can install Mojave or Catalina on this, this is the specs:

quad-core i5-8250U CPU @1.60GHz

15.6" built-in LCD @1366x768

4GB DDR4-2133 RAM

Any help will be appreciated, also since this laptop does not have a network port will the wifi work

• Administrators

On paper, this computer meets the minimum specs to run any recent macOS flavour. For the rest, you'll have to make up the list of hardware components, ideally with their PCI ids. I'm talking stuff such as LAN, audio, card reader, webcam, etc. This is mandatory to obtain adequate assistance. You may collect this information from Windows Device Manager (PCI ids are available in driver info tabs) or through dedicated apps that lookup the components of computers.

Obviously, Lenovo web site would be the 1st place to look things up too but manufacturers don't always provide full details of the hardware components.

I have tried searching the lenovo website but cannot find the full specs of this laptop. it is a Lenovo ideated 130-15IKB 81H7 8250U 1.6G i5 8th Gen, Intel HD 630,  I managed to get Catalina installed and only the wifi, network port, trackpad does not work, graphics, keyboard is working. laptop works very fast and maybe the wifi is not working because it has an intel card but i would like to get the network port and trackpad working at least. 

• Administrators

:wacko: OP should be able to read his own report and identify the LAN + Wifi card fitted to his laptop, then check our FAQ section as suggested for Wireless. He will then find readily available information about his wireless card in our inventories.

The LAN port isn't so well described but it's Realtek RTL810xE Fast Ethernet (10ec:8136); there used to be kexts for this.