Latitude 3350: struggling to install Catalina

theawesomerb

guys i'm really desperating ...

i downloaded a vanilla catalina beta , when i try to extract the ".hfs"  7zip always shows up an error at the end, its the same error no matter what version of catalina (olarilla , niresh , vanilla)

@arsradu  I do not own a mac, so i can't use any of the methods of clover mac, and the virtuallbox bugs alot its impossible to use, i have to do it 100% on windows, and i downloaded a vanilla .dmg beta " v10.15.b6 (19A536g)"

I didn't find any good tutorial about doing this for catalina in windows, the most of it if for high sierra and it didn't work as i mentionned before.

Did you try gibMacOS? It has versions for both Windows and Mac. You just need the Windows version, of course. :) For editing the config.plist, you can use ProperTree. If you don't want to use gibMac to add Clover to the USB drive, you can use cvad's BDU instead.

So, you can use gibMacOS to make the installer and BDU to add the bootloader. ProperTree if you need to edit the config.plist. Unfortunately I don't have much experience with laptops. And I don't have a Dell Latitude 3350. But the process should be pretty much the same. At least to get you booting. For Wifi, BT, trackpad, brightness control and other wonders, you might need extra kexts or SSDTs. But the idea is to get you booting first.

To me, it's still easier to do it from MacOS itself (even if it's virtualised) than Windows. But that's probably just me. So, to make the USB drive, you don't actually need the latest and greatest MacOS. So...you can try to download an already made vmdk with let's say Sierra or something (again, it doesn't need to be the latest version). You can try this one just as an example. If that doesn't work, you can try to google virtual disk image macos. One of them should work. After that, you have a lot of options for creating and managing the USB installer. You can either download the installer App directly from the App Store, or use dosdude1's Catalina Patcher (you don't actually need the "patcher" part of it, just to download you the installer). After that you can use the Terminal to format the USB drive and put the installer onto it using Apple's own createinstallmedia method. I mean, the possibilities are endless.

And for the Clover part of the USB drive, since you're on MacOS environment, you can use Clover Configurator to both download Clover and manage the config.plist file

So, as you wish. You've got a lot of options.

First of all i need to thank jakelo and arsardu for their help and most of all for their patience, i'm getting there! 

The virtual machine high sierra is working, i downloaded the vanilla copy of catalina with catalina patcher, made the bootable usb and i used and old clover bootloader to install the same files as  the config of the tutorial of jakelo (because the new one. Is missing some config), after that i used clover configurator to mount the efi partition and use the bootpack jakelo gave me in his first post, after booting in the 3350, clover boots up but stuck at +++++++ as shown in the picture. 

I also tried the same thing with the most recent clover, same thing, i searched the whole FAQ and tried multiple solutions, same problem. 

Sorry for bothering you guys with this

IMG_20200608_193010.jpg

actually the latest one on the link provided in your tutorial is v5118 , i uploaded my whole EFI attached,

*both these two files are missing (didnt include the custom ones since you're gonna review the clean install):

ApfsDriverLoader

AptioMemoryFix

*I used VboxHfs instead of HFSPlus,

*i placed the bootpack you provided me in your first reply;

thanks

Edit : also when i run this exact EFI, it shows up :

boot failed : will sleep for 10 seconds before exiting

error: aborted returned from boot.efi

EFI.zip

yes it booted indeed :) , installed then rebooted once to continu the installation (as step 5 in your guide), took about 30 min then got stuck at the end (the apple bar was nearly full) then showed up a message box saying the install cannot be achieved, i uploaded the error log,

i tried again removing the vboxhfs reoplacing it by the HFSplus you provided , same error,

i needed to use an external mouse during the installation and kept it in during the whole installation until the error showed up,

lol the more i use the virtual hackintosh the more i get excited and addicted to it, i'm writing this from the virtual machine :)

Historique de Programme d’installation 9-Jun-2020.txt.zip

• Like 1