Dell Inspiron 5570, i5-8250U, UHD620, Catalina

Next One

• Administrators

Calm down please! And no-one has accused you of any sort of misbehaviour, quite the contrary in fact...

The method remains the same, only the PS2K notification values change, that's all. Which is why I wrote "this kind of patch"... In fact, you should be able to refine your patch by further experimenting with it in order to establish which of the 3 x values of each set (10/206/286 & 20/205/285) actually apply to your Inspiron model. I'm pretty sure only 1 of the 3 applies and you would actually find that the BRT6 SSDT provided by Jake also works once you apply the appropriate notification values. Getting the correct keystroke codes is the key here, hence why I linked to the original post/thread where it is clearly mentioned. Nothing else to it and certainly nothing dark or nasty behind my post.

• Moderators

@Next One

Thanks for the update. The is exactly what I have on my Precision 5510 / 7510 as well. However I have different values than yours

Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
                {
                    Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)
                }
                If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
                {
                    Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)
                }
            }
            Else
            {
                BRTX (Arg0, Arg1)
            }
        }

@Next One, you should be able to use only Brightnesskeys.kext for F11+F12. Upload your entire efi if you like me to take a look. Or better use this : https://github.com/utopia-team/opencore-debug/releases/tag/0.6.8 and upload the results.

By the way , does your audio work without codeccommander.kext ? Do you have audio from external speakers even after sleep?

@Jake Lo, I see that on your 5510/7510 you use both SSDT-EC-USBX,aml and ecdv to ec patch. Is there a reason for this? I mean could one use only the aml and have ec and ecdv device?

Thanks for taking the time - of course I don't want to bore you regarding existing BRT patches.

(I tried different versions but could not make it work)

I found it interesting that none of the GPIO.SSDT dortania values worked for me and in the end Trackpad worked entirely without it. (this took me some time as I thought GPIO was mandatory...)

Then I tried to find a way to eliminate XOSI patch. With BRT6 to BRTX patch in config and the mentioned BKCM.SSDT it worked. (but it maybe its still only because of the values in there ?)

I have Brightnesskeys.kext also, I think it did not work without. For Sound I found alcid=21 the best option, no codec commander. Speakers/mic work, after sleep too.

I don't have the skills to tell why this combination works in the end - but really everything appears to be fully functional, that's why I posted it.

All that said - here's the EFI OC 6.7 (this is from 5770 Version; so there is a disable gpu ssd in there, not needed for versions w/o radeon gpu), OS 11.2.3

If there are ways to optimize further please let me know.

EFI 5770.zip

I tried and f11/f12 work still.

So that's one patch less, and no more fiddling with Key Values for BRT.

Thanks !

Can you explain what the connection is:

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "OCLT", "OCWork", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.ACOS, IntObj)
    External (_SB_.ACSE, IntObj)

Scope (\)
    {
        If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
        {
            \_SB.ACOS = 0x80
            \_SB.ACSE = Zero
        }
    }
}

and BrightnessKeys.kext ?

Funny; I still don't fully understand how it works, but I felt ACOS/ACSE part of my previous SSDT was making the difference.

Is there a way to increase display brightness via a ssdt (PNLF?) I put an IPS display into the 5570 and its beautiful but could use a little more "power".

Apart from that everything is near perfect. I really like the Inspirons, not the most beautiful Laptop but very affordable and the 8250u/8550u`s are quite powerful.