This Machine:

E6430

HDA4000

i7-3740QM (CPU swap, no NVIDIA)

1440x900 

16 MB RAM

Webcam

No fingerprint sensor

Jake Lo's EFI below works for my nvidia machine, but no graphics on the one without.  Both have the higher-res panel. 

What needs to change for 6430 without nvidia?  I am guessing dsdt and framebuffer?

• Administrators

LCDs with resolution up to 1440x900 require Capri platform-id 0x01660003

LCDs with resolution at or greater than 1600x900 require Capri platform-id 0x01660004

Other than that, outside the need to disable the nvidia dGPU (through a specific DSDT patch or, better, a specific SSDT), there should be no difference of settings to run any version of OS X/macOS supported on these laptops.

I have BIOS version A24.  Your EFI booted my NVIDIA model into the install screen for Catalina.  I still need to create an install USB for Big Sur.   The Big Sur version of createinstallmedia fails - it locks the USB when it's done and you have to force eject it after which it's not bootable.  The Catalina version works fine.  I have the 1600x900 displays on both machines.  This is NOT working to boot Catalina install on the E6430 without NVIDIA.  Correction:  It DOES work  on the non-nvidia model - it just goes to sleep right after graphics start  I push the power button and it wakes up and resumes.

Good to know about the screen resolutions. I noticed that Jake's EFI contains a DSDT.

Thanks!  It's good to see you guys are still at it too!

Latest issue:  I get to the Big Sur installer (recovery boots) and select the disk and get this message: "Update cannot be installed on this computer". It's a freshly formatted GUID/MACOS partition I am trying to install on.