Acer Aspire 6930G - What to install ?

elgranoti

• Administrators

Leave /S/L/E alone and full vanilla as a general rule. If you want to cache kexts rather than inject them through Clover, use /L/E. Good that you got audio with VoodooHDA. It shows that you've got ALC888 audio codec so you could remove VoodooHDA to experiment with Lilu + AppleALC + various audio layouts (from the AppleALC wiki).

Place this patched DSDT in the ACPI/patched folder of your Clover EFI and use this new config file (without nv_disable=1 )

Patched_DSDT_6930G.aml.zip

config_nv#3.plist.zip

• Administrators

What about card reader or Webcam (USB internal devices)? According to your previous IOReg extract, it looks like they're fully working too, right?

Maybe you can post a new zipped IOReg output + a zipped SysInfo output.

• Administrators

Indeed, all looking good. The only thing I notice is that your display is detected as an external screen rather than a built-in LCD as you can probably see in "About this Mac". But it's probably without consequence whatsoever.

Replace that slow 5400rpm mechanical HDD by an SSD and this laptop should be a joy to use.

Hahaha, it already is a joy to use ( why do u think I wanted to install the mac OS ? I can't use it with windows, but with this is an awesome machine...). I'll get the SSD as soon as possible, but in the meantime I'm gonna download all my photos from my Iphone, which is impossible on windows or linux...

Thanks a lot for your time and wisdom Hervé  !!!!