Acer Aspire 6930G - What to install ?

elgranoti

Well, the thing is that I get a lot of ACPI errors when the battery is connected, hence longer booting time. When disconnected, no ACPI errors anymore, and booting faster... I think the battery kext is not the proper one ( just guessing ).

Oh, one more thing: sound comes and goes !!! I can see it is installed in both cases ( meaning that, when I have no sounds, the controlls are still there and operational, but no sounds come out ).

This is what I found, after running kextstat | grep 'Lilu\|AppleALC\|AppleHDA': when sound works, com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver kext is listed, and when it is not working, that driver is missing

imagen.png.36a5c7ddea6b386ffb157d0e77379bf1.png

Any idea ?

Thank you both @Bronxteck and @Jake Lo... There was a problem with the sound: even when I properly set it up following the ALC wiki, sometimes it was working and sometimes not, and always showing the same pattern (com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver kext not listed when the sound was not working ). Finally switched to VoodooHDA, and I can say it goes way better !!!

OK guys, I need a hand: I'm having issues with the battery. The icon does not remain at the menu bar, and also the system shows the battery is at 0% charge, when it is not ( besides all the ACPI errors I get when the battery is plugged in ). I've been reading about this, and all I can find is that I have to patch DSDT / SSDT for this problem to be sorted out... is that so ? Is there any other way to fix this ?