OS X on Pixelbook

• Administrators

i had similar installer issues with formatting the volume apfs in Mojave. what resolved it for me was formatting it HFS GUID and letting the installer do the APFS conversion.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm asking the developer of the Pixelbook firmware (MrChromebox) to see if we can change that, there are no settings I can manipulate myself. Meanwhile, no other attempts have yielded any results - th

I got it working! @Jake Lo it turns out the config.plist you shared with me on Mojave works like a charm  The problem was Catalina, and I think it's related to the firmware on this Pixelbook, it's not

Posted Images

I got it working! @Jake Lo it turns out the config.plist you shared with me on Mojave works like a charm :-) The problem was Catalina, and I think it's related to the firmware on this Pixelbook, it's not a regular BIOS. Something prevented graphics acceleration on Catalina but now it's working on Mojave. So - thanks so much to you and @Hervé for the support! 

Note: once I iron out a few more problems I'll gladly share any details. Still more to be done. 

• Like 1

We definitely do! What really helped with the config.plist you shared was the enable-dpcd-max-link-rate-fix and the dpcd-max-link-rate (highlights from the config are below). Without those, it wouldn't get to the GUI. For some reason though, this exact same EFI does not boot to the GUI on Catalina. We're still trying to figure out why. the install procedure and more details are on the repo here: https://github.com/olm3ca/PixelbookOSX/blob/main/README.md

AAPL,ig-platform-id / Data / 00001E59

framebuffer-patch-enable / Data / 01000000

framebuffer-fbmem / Data / 00009000

framebuffer-stolenmem / Data / 00003001

enable-dpcd-max-link-rate-fix / Data / 01000000

dpcd-max-link-rate / Data / 1E000000

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 4.23.46 PM.png