[Closed] AppleHDA patching requests

plsh2me

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Tested all 4 variants, but no sound. Internal mic works.

sound.png

But I made a big progress playing with pin layouts and verbs myself (found that Acer Aspire 5930G as my 5737z also has ALC888S-VD and same number of jacks) - now my headphones or internal speakers are playing! Sound is clear. Soundcard autodetects headphones.

Also found that EAPD verb "01470C02" is necessary. Now i have to fix/test external mic and line-in.

P.S. For those who want to use this AppleHDA.kext with Sierra or Capitan these patches using Clover to AppleHDA are nessesary  - 8b19d411 replace to 8808ec10, 8319d411 replace to 00000000, 8a19d411 replace to 00000000, or sound will not work.

mixas_Model.png

AppleHDA.kext_ALC888S-VD.zip

Hi, Thanks for your efforts. I tested it. It didn't work as it should, but i modified it and - internal speakers, headphones, internal mic, external mic, line in - all work now. Was recording with Audacity to test. It's a fully working AppleHDA driver for Acer Aspire 5737Z in Mac OS Sierra. Yee!!! :) I'm attaching it.

Inputs2.png

I was studying the guide in this forum, and i noticed you changed some verb values differently.

Can you explain why in column 71D you put "0" at the end everywhere. Because in guide is written "For internal devices like speakers etc., we use the jack color value as '0'(unknown) and need to Jack sense value of '1'."

"A0" It's clear  - it's for ambient noise filter. I also put "A0" not "81" for external mic and it detects it. Put "SignalProcessing" in Layouts.xml under Line in and Mic, so I have ambient noise filter working for internal/external mics and for line in.

Why you changed "03" to "01"?

I know "03" means "External on primary chassis". "01" means - Internal. But does it make sense changing to "01"?

verbs.png

Also I didn't notice any difference for internal speakers and headphones when using only 01470C02 or both "01470C02 01570C02". So it seems 01570C02 is not needed although it's in Linux dump under headphones.

The only one problem with sound at this moment is that it stops after resuming from sleep.

AppleHDA.kext_ALC888S-VD.zip