latitude E5470 (core i5): Help with Big Sur

mrtedio

@Jake Lo Please ignore my previous errors. Finally I successfully installed Big Sur. Like you guesses, I think one of my USB port is faulty. Thanks a ton for your time!

Now, please help me to understand the following. I saw this on another thread:

1561308297_ScreenShot2021-07-24at9_04_02AM.png.c596298cd28827507cbdfbd02333d570.png

My trackpad was working except the left and right buttons. I replaced the VoodooPS2 controller kext that you suggested to another person who's using the same latitude E5470. After replacing the Kext file buttons also stop working. And I have no clue how to enable voodoops2 plugin for VoodooInput and VoodooPS2Mouse. Please help how to do it.

Wow! Thanks a ton @Jake Lo that worked. I never expected my Intel Wifi card working on Hackintosh. Fantastic!
Sorry for the late reply, I was stuck in another city due to pandemic. Back home and replaced EFI folder with yours, boom! All working!!!

Hi @Jake Lo, I have a 3.5mm Lapel mic that connected to an Audio jack Y splitter for the Mic and Headphones. My iMac Catalina recognise the "Audio splitter + Mic + Headphones", but this Big Sur build is not recognising the external Microphone. Audio preferences I can see "Line In Microphone" also listed in the input options. But Mic is not working. How to fix it?

• Moderators

if the 'Line in Mcrophone' doesn't work, then you'll need to learn how to patch your AppleALC for ALC293. As far as I know, there's only patch made for Dell (layout-id =11 which is what you have). There's layout-id 28 and 29 for Lenovo and 30 for an Hasee ZX8 ( not familiar with this system).

Give those a try if you like.

There are a few guides out there on how to patch AppleHDA but I had never try. Not my cup of tea to be honest.

Hey @Jake Lo , sorry to bother you again. Just noticed, after replacing the EFI Brightness control is not working. Any fix? 

Also, I updated the OC manually replacing the files after replacing the EFI. Still OCC says it "you seem to have an old version of OpenCore bootloader."

1169639565_ScreenShot2021-08-12at8_32.23PM1.png.39990203f4b88498e4895c534b105ab1.png

2101558366_ScreenShot2021-08-12at8_38_15PM.png.09dace8140ec4105fe83c14bea67cc1a.png