Latitude 7400 2-in-1: no graphics acceleration/Touchpad in Big Sur (OpenCore)

tommyluco

• Administrators

Your OC config shows a # character in front of location PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) for the iGPU. As such, you're not injecting any properties for your iGPU and that's why you're not getting any graphics acceleration. Uncomment that line, i.e. remove the # character and you should find that your properties injection will get applied. I expect that things should change thereafter...

iGPU_properties.jpg

I can't say more about the iGPU connectors patches that are listed other than question their relevance. But that's another story.

I'd also suggest you experiment with MacBookPro15,x SMBIOS.

I noticed some odd ACPI patches too, though there's a good chance they do no harm, but just irrelevant:ACPI_patches.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for your reply!
Yes I know, I just disabled these settings with the #, so I can boot again!
Meanwhile I disabled the ACPI patches you've marked and disabled XHCIPortLimit because I've read, I don't need it since Big Sur 11.3 anymore...
My EFI:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HPXwUtQz5yucipWT2zBIMBDwZsGGe9Ef/view?usp=sharing
When I enable the iGPU settings I get this error:

IMG_20210706_175606.thumb.jpg.63e54c4b717a161f880d29fa3035c3f8.jpg

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-06 um 17.48.53.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-06 um 17.49.59.png

• Administrators

I suggest you start by simplifying your properties injection in order to fallback to a minimum set of working properties that do not get graphics acceleration altered by complicated and probably misunderstood properties. Just start with the basics (CFL framebuffer id, device id, fbmem + stolenmem patches if required). Once you have graphics acceleration working, you can look at additional outputs such as HDMI and that sort of things.

Please refer to the thread linked in the last post before your 1st one. As I said, it's limpid as far as getting graphics acceleration working is concerned on the exact same platform as you, although OP clearly misunderstood what con0/con1/con2/etc. were in terms of output ports; anyway no reason why his setup would not work for you as long as you apply them the same way.

NB: As per our published rules -which I again invite you to read-, please refrain from systematically quoting messages to post replies. Just use the Reply box available at the bottom of each forum page.