Dell Latitude E6320 Thread

Antony

yeah i usually have to disable the bt then re enable it. you might be able to do it trough the wifi switch if your bios has the option. i have a usb dongle and i pull it out then reinsert it.

Thanks! While I can't disable it via the Bluetooth prefpane it did just randomly start working again. 

• Administrators

There's a Mavericks /Extra for the E6320 in the Supported Models with Guides section and in other threads. The CPU-specific item is the SSDT. What you should do is remove the SSDT from the packs, then create your own using the well-known script. Alternatively look for your specific CPU SSDT on the Net, other sites have substantial lists of ready-made Intel "i" Core CPU SSDT files.

There's a Mavericks /Extra for the E6320 in the Supported Models with Guides section and in other threads. The CPU-specific item is the SSDT. What you should do is remove the SSDT from the packs, then create your own using the' well-known script. Alternatively look for your specific CPU SSDT on the Net, other sites have substantial lists of ready-made Intel "i" Core CPU SSDT files.

I'm currently at Instalation Step.

I got pack from here and a SSDT for my i5-2540M replaced. I used myHack 3.3.1 to create a boot drive and copy Extra from the pack with SSDT allready placed in the folder.

Right now i'm stuck at the msg "os x installation couldn't be completed" right after lang select windows.

Did I miss some step ?

OK, the xcode cmd was the problem for the last question, now im stuck at partition select. When select the fresh formated partition i got "could not be installed on your computer" error.

How to know that myHack mbr patch is the reason ?

The SSD is now in MBR, ad got one partition with Win7 (NTFS)

Where to dig next ?

• Administrators

If you're installing OS X on an MBR partitioned disk, yes you need the MBR patch. myHack normally prompts for it at the end of the installation. The target partition must be formatted Mac OS X Extended (journaled) through Disk Utility before you begin installation.

If you're installing OS X on an MBR partitioned disk, yes you need the MBR patch. myHack normally prompts for it at the end of the installation. The target partition must be formatted Mac OS X Extended (journaled) through Disk Utility before you begin installation.

well, partition is formated in osx ext, so look like the patch. How can test my installation usb drive is it patched or patch manually ?

My install usb were created using osx running at vmware. So first thing i encontered, that xcode command line failure to install in auto mode. Have to install xcode and then add the component. To bad that myHack have no error reporting or i dont know how to turn it on.

Thanks anyway.

Finally im done with install. Manual mbr pach was applied.

Now i got the problem with dw1510. The adaptor seem to be working as airport, but I cant connect to any network. I receive the "connect failed" even with opened networks.

What can be wrong ? This card should work from the box ? Is the rebranding needed ?

Finally Installed successfully. The Extra pack from the local E6320 guide caused DW1510 to work incorrectly. So I used other pack, and now everything is working. But myHack MBR patch is not working correctly then installed from osx under VMware. So u need to patch the USB stick manually.

I have tried to install El Capitan on my E6320 with clover bootloader install went fine but i can't boot without the USB. When i boot my laptop without the USB i get a messag about my UEFI message appears is attempted to boot into EFI while legacy is on. I have tried different options mounting EFI copy EFI from my USB and merge it with the EFI on my harddrive. even sudo newfs_msdos but no result to boot without USB.

I am stuck to finished my install and i wanna boot without the USB pen. Please can someone help me out.