Lion on Dell Optiplex 755 with Radeon X1300 128 MB

Syonagar

with my hacks infusion of myhack.kext you can put your S/L/E kexts in E/E, i know i helped create the method. so Syons method for E/E injection is correct for EDP or myHack. hope that makes your builds a bit easier to maintain. cheers

ah, very interesting. I've been juggling the other way around - Extra.kext in S/L/E (Content/Plugins/kexts here)... Let me guess: a symlink called myhack.kext in S/L/E, pointing to myhack.kext in E/E? That's the train of thought that started running in my brain when I read "infusion" ..

PS: oh, I see, myhack.kext in S/L/E, that's how you do it. I also just now see that kexts which contain more kexts in PlugIns get broken up .. is that really necessary? I have been using an Extra.kext which I found somewhere, and it is able to kextload cascaded kexts in its 'PlugIns' folder.

Does EDP use your myhack method? (sorry I have not yet had time to educate myself into this direction)

• Administrators

the cascading effect depends on certain kexts... some will work like that but others will not. about the other question EDP was the first to use the method it worked so well we decided to share the method with conti.

Hi,

10.8 ist running on my Opti 755. Shutdown, Reboot and Sleep ist working, but ethernet is broken when machine wakes up... also i have not sound, Kernel Panics on Voodoo HDA 2.7.3, no sound on 2.7.2...

I'm using a nVidia GT220 running natively with device-propertys string in chameleon boot.plist

Working tomorrow on it... like to drink a beer now!

Cheers,

Peter

@ xargon: real quick 'cause I feel not well 2day:

no Ethernet after wake: if u don't use a DSDT w. RTC patch u need a RTC patch kext, like the Elliot one or 10.7 patched RTC. In the meantime there should also be a script to patch ML RTC kext.

Sound: 2.7.2 Voodoo only offers sound out in front, after selecting that in sound sys prefs (which I am fine with until I add my ATI card's HDMI audio accdg. to manual). Do you actually see a reference to VoodooHDA in the KP when running on 2.7.3? I am not sure if 2.7.1 offers rear sound out. Older versions might not work in ML (2.5.6 doesn't)

@ Bronxteck: I see, thx for the background. hey how do like my idea w. the symlink pointing to extra.kext ot myhack.kext in /E/E .. :) ??

Dear all,

I have successfully installed 10.7.4 on my Dell Optiplex 755 at work. So far it has yet to kernel panic on me. So i guest its a rock solid desktop machine for os x lion.

Specific kext for Optiplex 755 as follow :-

- Intel82566MM.kext (For LAN Network Card)

- Natit.kext (For Radeon X1300 128 MB - Also provide support for other legacy ATI card)

Hello Syonagar, I really appreciate your work on making possible to install Lion on 755 for us (since I own couple of those)

I have successfully finished installation of 10.7.4 using EDP installation guides on this site and your Extra you've posted here.

Everything works great, except the video card (X1300) ... I'm getting only basic resolution.

Above you've mentioned it is easily fixed by Natit.kext, but after installation that file wasn't present in /System/Libraries/Extensions at all. So I tried to copy Natit.kext in that folder manually (with fixing permissions) and it didn't help either.

So my question is : Did I do something wrong? Is there another way how to inject Natit.kext?

Thank you :)

• Administrators

Dear kerosin,

Can you try to update and configure EDP using predefined configuration for Optiplex 755. Dont use the Extra in the post as its still work in progress. By the way, your X1300, is it the 128 or 256 mb?

Cheers!