Dell latitude 5480: Big Sur installing - EFI folder required

• Moderators

Mount the EFI partition of the installed drive and place it there. When you format the drive to GUID, it automatically create this hidden partition.

Use ESP Mounter Pro.app, OC Configurator or Clover Configurator to mount it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Try files from this link Use the Skylake Config

you need to add VoodooPS2Controller for keyboard. For touchpad you need to add SSDT-TPDx.aml from files I linked

Here, replace config, add SSDT to ACPI, kext to Kexts folder Unlike Clover, in OC everything you add must be declared in the Config file and some kexts plugins must be in specific order to load c

Posted Images

Update:  Downloaded updates and OS changed to Big Sur 11.4 and I see now wifi icon on the top side, and I am able to connect to my router wifi. and I copied efi folder as you said , now works normal with no pendrive using OC Config, great

At least 2/4 problem are solved :=)

Please help me to let working mouse and keyboard

• Moderators

According to your IOReg file, neither of them are loading. Try disabling SMCDellSensor.kext

Strange that you don't have at least keyboard working.

Now keyboard is working, but touchpad mouse and wifi are not working,  i am keeping Catalina OS and updated all with opencore

i dont know why but if i install updates, and this mean install big sur latest version, i get error panic.

Instead of this, if i dont update kexts in opencore , updating only kext for keyboard . I install big sur as update and in this case boots and i have keyboard and wifi working. but still mouse and touchpad no. I seen that with big sur i have some lag and notebook is not reactive like with catalina.