Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Just made some little progress. I took the VoodooBattery.kext from my Lion installation and dropped it right into /Extra/Extensions/, went into Disk Utility, and repaired disk permissions (since I can't run myHack in safe boot), rebooted and the battery meter shows up just fine with correct readings.

As for emulated speedstep I can't get it going. VoodooTSCSync.kext was already in /Extra/Extensions/, so I ignored it. I took out VoodooPState.kext as well from my Lion installation, dropped it into /Extra/Extensions/ as well, rebooted but PStateMenu says the kext isn't loaded, needs some further investigation.

I also took Mariusz's DSDT.aml (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=638), and dropped it inside /Extra/, rebooted with no issue, although I notice nothing different.

Tried to have at VoodooHDA to get audio going, booted normally, no effect.

SleepEnabler caused a KP, got around it with pmVersion=0 boot argument.

I have tried booting up with the wireless switch off and it has no effect on where the boot hangs...

@tengokuu I can confirm that the voodoobattery.kext in extra\extensions and repairing disk permissions works.

Also, to repair permissions, install other kexts, etc., multifail from tonycrapx86 makes things a lot easier

I have tried booting up with the wireless switch off and it has no effect on where the boot hangs...

@tengokuu I can confirm that the voodoobattery.kext in extra\extensions and repairing disk permissions works.

Also, to repair permissions and install other kexts, multifail from tonycrapx86 makes things a lot easier

That's good to hear. We're getting somewhere with this. I'm done with experimenting for the night, need some sleep. <_<

Adding the device id into the info.plist of NVDANV50Hal.kext (Nvidia graphics) didn't have any effect on the graphics. In addition to repairing permissions, we can go into security, unlock, allow downloads from any source and install kext wizard, which will allow for cache & mkext rebuilding. I have reverted back to Mariusz 0EDP (LION) pack (removing the arch i386 string) and have the same results as Patel4Prez, getting to DSMOS has arrived and the Bluetooth complete line. It appears there may be an issue with the modified IOPCIFamily.kext loading. I will look into dependencies today to see if that impacts something else.

Hello again!

I come bringing good news! I managed to boot WITHOUT SAFE MODE and fix the [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed error!

All I did was delete the NVD*.kexts/move them to a different location (ex. the desktop in a folder called NVDIA Kexts Backup, etc.).

Then I rebooted in verbose mode to see what (if any) errors showed up and it took me to the login screen and I was able to login!

Now that those kexts are gone, however, there are sure to be new problems, one of which I found where if you don't touch the computer for a few minutes, and it goes/tries to go to the screensaver, the entire screen goes white and there is a grey rectangle where your cursor should be.

One step down a few to go (I hope)!

Hello again!

I come bringing good news! I managed to boot WITHOUT SAFE MODE and fix the [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed error!

All I did was delete the NVD*.kexts/move them to a different location (ex. the desktop in a folder called NVDIA Kexts Backup, etc.).

Then I rebooted in verbose mode to see what (if any) errors showed up and it took me to the login screen and I was able to login!

Now that those kexts are gone, however, there are sure to be new problems, one of which I found where if you don't touch the computer for a few minutes, and it goes/tries to go to the screensaver, the entire screen goes white and there is a grey rectangle where your cursor should be.

One step down a few to go (I hope)!

You beat me to this post. :D I also deleted all the Nvidia kexts, ran myFix and was able to boot w/o -x. I can also report the same problem that you're having because graphics aren't loading w/o the kexts. Though highly doubtful this will work, but will try and copy the nv*.kexts from LION and see what happens.

At least we are getting closer...

Patel4Prez - try reinstalling the NVidia kexts back in, one at a time, trying to reboot without the -x flag after each to see if we can isolate the kext causing the boot to hang. There are three that end in hal, try those first as I don't think it is the NVDAResman.kext.

Patel4Prez - try reinstalling the NVidia kexts back in, one at a time, trying to reboot without the -x flag after each to see if we can isolate the kext causing the boot to hang. There are three that end in hal, try those first as I don't think it is the NVDAResman.kext.

ProjectOSx.com offers this definition of the NVDAResman.com.kext - One of three very important original Apple kexts required by OSx86 machines for nvidia graphics functionality. This kext is responsible for providing resolution changing capabilities with nvidia graphics cards. It names the GEforce.kext and NADANV50hal.kext among the three. That's not to say they haven't tampered with code. In Lion, they assumed control of a graphics issue by in essence overwriting the manufacturers control, causing a shutdown if the value exceeded a certain threshold. It is reasonable to assume that something is affecting graphics, but it may not be the kexts themselves.

Perez4Prez - try reinstalling the NVidia kexts back in, one at a time, trying to reboot without the -x flag after each to see if we can isolate the kext causing the boot to hang. There are three that end in hal, try those first as I don't think it is the NVDAResman.kext.

Will do; I am not with my laptop right now but I will try this as soon as I am.