E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Does anyone Know how to get the trackpad to work? I was able to get the wifi and everything else to work, but I still can't figure it out. I have done allot of research before asking the question and tried a few things but I keep jacking up my hackintosh and end up having to re-do everything from scratch.

Sorry I realized these instructions are for 10.8 I have a working hackintosh 10.7.3 from nishant copy. I will go purchase mountain Lion 10.8 and try these steps and see if everything works like touchpad and appstore. 

Hey mac76, 

The trackpad kexts included in this install guide are newer than the ones from 10.7.X. Because they are newer, and compiled mostly for Mountain Lion/64-bit OS X, they most likely will not work for you, because (as far as I remember; I may be thinking of another machine) E6410s had to boot with "arch=i386", or the 32-bit version of OS X Lion, which is no longer available in Mountain Lion.

The guide should work fine with a 10.8.X installer.

Hello bnplz,

Sorry for not being completely clear on the guide...

It definitely gets confusing with the edits, which is why I tried to link to coldsun's post in Step 39. This and the latest "Edit" that applies to you, which is 6/4/2013, is the only part that gets added to the tutorial.

As for the BIOS options, AHCI should be the only option that needs to be set.

Basically, if you're using the 10.8.5 installer, you should be able to follow the guide as if installing 10.8.4.

No need for apologies!! D: You've helped hundreds of people out with your guide, it just hates me for some reason. What kexts should I be adding/deleting for my specific build (aside from the two specified folders)? I have Intel Graphics and the A15 Bios. I'm onto step 16 of the process again as we type. I wasn't sure if it was asking to delete kexts after the whole process or if AppleAHCIPort.kext & IOAHCIFamily.kext needed to be added to the installer drive or, well, you get the picture.

You should add only the two E6410 ML (the plain old ML and the 10.8.4 versions) to the flash drive. 

Follow coldsun's advice on using the plain old ML version to create the installer with myHack, and then the 10.8.4 version for post-installation:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1695-e6410-mountain-lion-guide/page-18&do=findComment&comment=20943

EDIT:

I forgot to mention, the AppleAHCIPort.kext & IOAHCIFamily.kext are already included in the 10.8.4 version of the ML zip. I only posted those two up there for those that have ALREADY installed...

You should add only the two E6410 ML (the plain old ML and the 10.8.4 versions) to the flash drive. 

Follow coldsun's advice on using the plain old ML version to create the installer with myHack, and then the 10.8.4 version for post-installation:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1695-e6410-mountain-lion-guide/page-18&do=findComment&comment=20943

EDIT:

I forgot to mention, the AppleAHCIPort.kext & IOAHCIFamily.kext are already included in the 10.8.4 version of the ML zip. I only posted those two up there for those that have ALREADY installed...

Alright, so I don't have to delete intel kexts from the installer usb for my intel video? I did exactly what you just outlined and it hangs the verbose at AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet address. Above that is a bunch of notices about failing to load AirPortBrcm43xx. Giving it another 10min before I restart it, sometimes it takes 15min to suddenly boot into the installer and not let me click stuff

EDIT: I removed the video kexts. It got me to the screen, but once again my mouse and keyboard are non responsive T_T

EDIT EDIT: Realized my BIOS was set to RAID for some reason, did Defaults and set AHCI, rebooted to installer and got buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version  0x20 Vectors 64:87 

Our favorite hang.

I'm getting dinner -_-

Left the PC to boot non-verbose and came back from dinner to a loaded, working installer. Twas quite excited. Went to Disk Utility and there was only the usb drive listed. I restarted to check my BIOS settings and the laptop was set to AHCI. Restarted and booted non-verbose, still waiting for main screen. I have no idea why it worked and why it decided to not recognize my HDD.

Sometimes I find a simple reseating of the drive to work quite effectively :) ...

It took an hour before it even got to the welcome screen, then wouldnt show my hdd. I reseated the usb drive and now i get perma-spinny thing. Were you serious about reseating the SATA drive or just jesting at my utter misfortune T__T I really dont want to resort to distro's v.v