Mountain Lion on E6400 in 5 Steps!

DaFOB

This happend to me on my Lion install...The loader works fine, you might have a bad image/MAC OS installer.

I created a USB using a different image (Disk from neighbor My appstore version was corrupt) and it worked fine.

I kept getting the error log screen. If you don't mind me asking...Where did you get the image from...Appstore?

Hope this helps...

torrent since I was at work when I decided to try this. But I am pulling it down from the app store on my wife's mbp. So I will try that and see how it goes.

UPDATE: pulled down the app store image and made a new install stick. Currently installing and it didnt die out at the beginning of the install. "15 minutes" left.

Alright, after a week or so of using this I can post my findings.

1.) Everything works EXCEPT Sleep, not sure why. It won't even go to sleep for some reason that I need to look ingo.

2.) Shutdown\Restart doesn't work. It goes to a white screen, pressing the power button will take me to the login screen again.

3.) Every now and then my keyboard stops working, but only the keyboard.

Other than that I've had no problems. The only kext that isn't one you had is the kext for InsomniaX so I can close my screen without my laptop going to sleep, I've always found that annoying as fuck. I can't sleep even if I remove InsomniaX and it's kext. I'm fairly certain that my shutdown\restart and sleep issues are due to a DSDT issue of not being copied right or got skipped for some reason, when I get back home tomorrow I'll re-copy it (I would do it now but if anything goes wrong I have no backup method to fix it).

Edit:

Also, I noticed my processor is running at only 2.8 GHz rather than 2.93 GHz, any way to fix that?

Hi,

no problem to insalled ML using the above method.

but it will reboot itself after loading.

tried using "-v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000","-v -x" but no luck.

anyone encountered same error and how to fix it?

no issue to install and using LION but no chances for ML.

the ML install image file is downloaded from App Store.

Please advice.

Alright, after a week or so of using this I can post my findings.

1.) Everything works EXCEPT Sleep, not sure why. It won't even go to sleep for some reason that I need to look ingo.

2.) Shutdown\Restart doesn't work. It goes to a white screen, pressing the power button will take me to the login screen again.

3.) Every now and then my keyboard stops working, but only the keyboard.

Other than that I've had no problems. The only kext that isn't one you had is the kext for InsomniaX so I can close my screen without my laptop going to sleep, I've always found that annoying as fuck. I can't sleep even if I remove InsomniaX and it's kext. I'm fairly certain that my shutdown\restart and sleep issues are due to a DSDT issue of not being copied right or got skipped for some reason, when I get back home tomorrow I'll re-copy it (I would do it now but if anything goes wrong I have no backup method to fix it).

Edit:

Also, I noticed my processor is running at only 2.8 GHz rather than 2.93 GHz, any way to fix that?

Compgeke,

any luck with the reboot / shutdown issue?

I have the same problem on e6500

I aslo don't have any sound.

Thanks

Great job DaFOB!! Works well with my M4400 - 10.8.2 running very stably and smooth. Sleep, audio,wireless,ethernet,graphics all work thanks to your 5 step guide and updated "extra" folder for 10.8.2. :) :)

Although this M4400 has an Nvidia FX770m with 500mb ram graphics it shows up as an Nvidia 160m with 500mb ram, but this does not seem to make any difference in performance for what I use my laptop for - still get the ripple effect when opening something in Dashboard - I don't use it for game playing

First, this post is in no way taking away from Darvinko's post here.

That thread did an amazing job figuring out how to get ML on the E6400. This is merely my way of installing ML on the E6400 in just 5 steps. It's quick and easy with no manual copying/overwriting of files. This was tested on an E6400 and M4400 (both with nVidia graphics) but will most likely work on the E6500.

These instructions assume you know the basics of using myHack and the OSX installation process.

Credits go to Darvinko, Tengokuu, Patel4Prez, CypressPearl, Conti (myHack), Mariusz and any others I've forgotten.

Prerequisites: Mountain Lion, myHack, 8GB USB stick, access to an existing OSX install (to prepare files), and patience

1. Extract attached zip file, which is both the bootpack and Extra folder.

2. Use myHack to create the USB installer.

3. Run myHack again and choose "Install Extra". Point to the USB drive as the destination, and choose "use my own" and point to the folder that you extracted in step 1.

4. Boot from USB and install Mountain Lion

5. Near the end of the installation, myHack will ask for the Extras folder. Again, choose "use my own" and point to the Extra folder on the USB installer.

Sleep should work natively with the included DSDT.aml file (posted by Mariusz), but must set hibernatemode to 0 in terminal:

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

If sleep still doesn't work, then you can try SleepEnabler.

I didn't include the IO80211Family.kext because my wireless card worked with the DSDT out of the box, but if your wireless doesn't work then you can install the modified IO80211Family.kext in the other thread.

EDIT: updated Extra.zip with new edited nVidia kexts for 10.8.2.

I would like to say thank you for the great job you have done and the great Darvinko as well

You have just made it really simple for any biginer to enjoy the benefits of mountain Lion on the E6400 Platform

First setup I created installed and worked perfectly,

I would call this a perfect setup install for E6400 with A30 BIOS and nvidia Graphics

Once again thank you