Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Ok, I just reinstalled ML. Moved IOPCIFamily.kext to /Extra/Extensions, removed the old NVIDIA kexts, and replaced it with the edited ones (not touching the 100Hal kexts), here's hoping it works after rebooting.

As for sleeping, I'm going to give the new SleepEnabler.kext a shot. If it works, I'll provide instructions to getting it going.

Edit:

Darvinko, does IOPCIFamily.kext still need to be in /S/L/E/? My system won't move past the Apple logo. Looking in verbose move, a message saying "Resetting IOCatalogue" keeps showing up.

Ok, I just reinstalled ML. Moved IOPCIFamily.kext to /Extra/Extensions, removed the old NVIDIA kexts, and replaced it with the edited ones (not touching the 100Hal kexts), here's hoping it works after rebooting.

As for sleeping, I'm going to give the new SleepEnabler.kext a shot. If it works, I'll provide instructions to getting it going.

Edit:

Darvinko, does IOPCIFamily.kext still need to be in /S/L/E/? My system won't move past the Apple logo. Looking in verbose move, a message saying "Resetting IOCatalogue" keeps showing up.

Yes, drop into S/L/E on your boot stick and run my fix (full) before booting with it.

Hello all,

Sadly, today I was upgraded to an E6410 due to a dead hard drive in my E6400 and therefore no longer have my E6400 to play with...this means I won't be of much use to you guys and anyone else who has a 6400 too (Although, the two are very similar, and most of the issues I've had on it so far (yes, I already started playing with Mountain Lion at work...) are similar to those I've had on the 6400. So if anyone figures out shutdown, sleep, or better volume control, please let me know).

I know this might seem like a useless post (and it very well maybe), but I just wanted to say thank you and great job to everyone who contributed to getting Mountain Lion on the E6400.

Hello all,

Sadly, today I was upgraded to an E6410 due to a dead hard drive in my E6400 and therefore no longer have my E6400 to play with...this means I won't be of much use to you guys and anyone else who has a 6400 too (Although, the two are very similar, and most of the issues I've had on it so far (yes, I already started playing with Mountain Lion at work...) are similar to those I've had on the 6400. So if anyone figures out shutdown, sleep, or better volume control, please let me know).

I know this might seem like a useless post (and it very well maybe), but I just wanted to say thank you and great job to everyone who contributed to getting Mountain Lion on the E6400.