Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Darvinko,

It wasn't my fix that was the problem; it was the kext I downloaded. I redownloaded VoodooHDA 2.7.4 from another source (http://code.google.com/p/applelife/downloads/detail?name=VoodooHDA.kext-2.7.4.zip&can=2&q=) and applied my fix and it worked!

Now the only problem I have is with the microphone recognizing internal/system sounds.

Thanks for the help though!

Glad to hear it. Although you said E6410, which has different architecture, I'm visualizing E6400/E6500 and it doesn't need that fix.

Has any E6400/E6500 user encountered a problem with their keyboard and trackpad eventually not responding? It's not happening in Lion, but it's happening to me on Mountain Lion.

I fixed it in Lion by using the 0EDP.kext that Mariusz had in his E6400/E6500 research thread, but it didn't fix the issue in ML.

Has any E6400/E6500 user encountered a problem with their keyboard and trackpad eventually not responding? It's not happening in Lion, but it's happening to me on Mountain Lion.

I fixed it in Lion by using the 0EDP.kext that Mariusz had in his E6400/E6500 research thread, but it didn't fix the issue in ML.

Can't say that it's happening to me. Trackpad/TrackPoint and keyboard works great for me. You may have a different set of PS2 kexts than I do. Everything has been working perfectly for me w/ ML so far... except for one thing: overheating.

The laptop has shutdown on me many times since ML installed. I get a prompt that comes up automatically asking to sleep, shutdown or cancel (the equivalent of pressing the power button), but no matter what you push it shuts down within 5 seconds. The bottom of the laptop is scorching hot. Googled and found that a lot of real mac users were reporting heat issues w/ ML.

I installed all the voodoo power management related kexts I could find. Also physically removed/reinstalled the cpu fan. I'm noticing it's a lot cooler today, but can't be sure if the kexts fixed it or reseating the fan did it.

Does anyone else have heating issues w/ ML?

I've never used ML long enough in a period of time to notice any heating related issues, but usually my fans are off almost all the time in Lion. When using ML, I've noticed that the fans begin kicking itself on, but not to the point where it's going full speed.

I've never used ML long enough in a period of time to notice any heating related issues, but usually my fans are off almost all the time in Lion. When using ML, I've noticed that the fans begin kicking itself on, but not to the point where it's going full speed.

Sorry, I've had a few things to attend to. I have not had any issues with heat, nor with the trackpad. Conversely, I have not had the success with sleep that some of you have had, although I have not really tried to correct it other than going into terminal and adding Mariusz command to achieve sleep to RAM. I have not had the time to research the heating issues, but obviously you have taken the right steps. Occasionally, in bed, when the sheets or blankets impede air circulation, it will run hotter, but not to the point of shutting down (or even warning me), so best kept on a firm surface, if possible elevating the unit without blocking airflow. As always, let us know if you find a cause or solution.

EDIT:It does appear to be an issue that might require a "fix" from Apple in the ML software.

Sorry, I've had a few things to attend to. I have not had any issues with heat, nor with the trackpad. Conversely, I have not had the success with sleep that some of you have had, although I have not really tried to correct it other than going into terminal and adding Mariusz command to achieve sleep to RAM. I have not had the time to research the heating issues, but obviously you have taken the right steps. Occasionally, in bed, when the sheets or blankets impede air circulation, it will run hotter, but not to the point of shutting down (or even warning me), so best kept on a firm surface, if possible elevating the unit without blocking airflow. As always, let us know if you find a cause or solution.

EDIT:It does appear to be an issue that might require a "fix" from Apple in the ML software.

I can agree that the problem may lie with Apple and not our computers/hacks themselves. I have a friend with a MacBook Pro whose computer has been overheating since installing Mountain Lion...