Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Overheating has been noted by many, including true Mac users. It would appear to be an issue within Mountain Lion, something we anticipate Apple will address in an update.

I would consider stepping-down CPU speed for the moment - to be safe and cool down the system even if CPU process in ML is excessive.

E6400 with intel video "Updating to nvidia as soon as it arrives via snail mail. Installed as per the first post all went as planed except battery meter does not work. I tried replacing voodobattery.kext with the one that worked in lion neither works. the icon appears at the top of the screen but indicates 0%. Also I had to add the DellBluetoothHCI.kext to get the bluetooth to work, still dosent show up on top of screen but no big deal works well. The only other deviation i made was i added the broadcom43xxfamily.kext to make my wifi work. Any help with the battery meter would be much appreciated.

E6400 with intel video "Updating to nvidia as soon as it arrives via snail mail. Installed as per the first post all went as planed except battery meter does not work. I tried replacing voodobattery.kext with the one that worked in lion neither works. the icon appears at the top of the screen but indicates 0%. Also I had to add the DellBluetoothHCI.kext to get the bluetooth to work, still dosent show up on top of screen but no big deal works well. The only other deviation i made was i added the broadcom43xxfamily.kext to make my wifi work. Any help with the battery meter would be much appreciated.

Update

For the heck of it i installed and ran EDP app (I knew it would probably screw things up but i had nothing to loose, I'm going to be upgrading to a ssd any way) The interesting thing is that I got it to boot up in safe mode and the bluetooth and battery meter were working properly at the top right of the screen. Of course many other things did not work such as mouse and sound (luckily the bluetooth mouse did work) I was wondering if there was a way to get these tings working as they did in lion (bluetooth symbol, Battery Meter, Sound buttons at top) Also sleep dosent work for me but that may change once i receive new nvidia motherboard in the mail. Thank you in advance for any help. Also if i can help in any way I will, Im going to continue to experiment on my own, but don't have the experience like most on here do.

P.S My track pad worked native but the stick mouse i believe it's called did not.

Update my nivida motherboard arrived I reinstalled ML, using the moded E6400 boot pack, then added wifi, battery, and voodoohda.kext from lion. All works well even volume buttons on top. The only problem I'm having is computer sleeps with lid but will not wake up, it seems to try but just black screen. Any one have a solution yet to E6400 not waking UP? Also how do i tell if my graphics are all working as they should besides the basic (they show up under about this mac and i can adjust screen resolution.)?

One other thing I noticed is that the blue bar when chamelon starts takes three times as long with mountain lion than it did with lion.

Update my nivida motherboard arrived I reinstalled ML, using the moded E6400 boot pack, then added wifi, battery, and voodoohda.kext from lion. All works well even volume buttons on top. The only problem I'm having is computer sleeps with lid but will not wake up, it seems to try but just black screen. Any one have a solution yet to E6400 not waking UP? Also how do i tell if my graphics are all working as they should besides the basic (they show up under about this mac and i can adjust screen resolution.)?

One other thing I noticed is that the blue bar when chamelon starts takes three times as long with mountain lion than it did with lion.

I am not aware of a "true" sleep solution. For graphics, try going into launchpad, see if it enters smoothly, also try opening chess and see if you can make moves with the pieces. As for Chameleon, as the system runs, it will smooth out and should pick up as the install "settles" in.