Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Thanks! I will test ASAP.

Great idea! Although it takes the suspense out of KPs... :lol:

Yeah - nothing like a good KP to keep you going! (on second thought - are there any good ones?, I guess so, I learned from this one)

Okay, now I know the E6410 is slightly different (and that this thread is mainly about the 6400), but I tried using the VoodooHDA version Tengokuu posted and I still have no volume control, however the sound does work.

In an effort to troubleshoot this, I edited the info.plist and changed 'false' to 'true', mirroring what is below:

VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix

After I saved, closed the windows, and ran Kext Utility, I can no longer boot into the USB drive (I took your advice Darvinko!)

If any of you have ever had a similar problem, I would love to hear how you resolved it.

Okay, now I know the E6410 is slightly different (and that this thread is mainly about the 6400), but I tried using the VoodooHDA version Tengokuu posted and I still have no volume control, however the sound does work.

In an effort to troubleshoot this, I edited the info.plist and changed 'false' to 'true', mirroring what is below:

VoodooHDAEnableVolumeChangeFix

After I saved, closed the windows, and ran Kext Utility, I can no longer boot into the USB drive (I took your advice Darvinko!)

If any of you have ever had a similar problem, I would love to hear how you resolved it.

I am out right now, and will be driving shortly, so just some info. You went into the info.plist of your audio kext? Also the volume control is added on the bottom of your system preferences panel. Should be home in 1/2 hour.

I am out right now, and will be driving shortly, so just some info. You went into the info.plist of your audio kext? Also the volume control is added on the bottom of your system preferences panel. Should be home in 1/2 hour.

The change you used is only a partial solution to a different problem. It is when there is more that one audio device (such as your graphics card having HDMI audio out), which might cause feedback, squealing etc. Try booting back into your system using the boot stick - plug it in with your unit off, start it changing to one time boot sequence (f12), hit any key when prompted, select ML (not installer), use boot flag -v (or -v -x if you were getting KP) and see if you can boot into the system. See if the volume control you are looking for has been placed in a new bottom row of System Preferences panel). If so, undo changes, run utility & reboot. If you can't get in with the boot stick try booting in with -s.

With the collective efforts of everyone in this thread, I now have a near perfect install of ML on the E6400. I'm back to the same level as I was with Lion. I've formatted and re-installed numerous times on two differently configured E6400's and have the install process down to a science. I now have my own ML bootpack! :)

The one key step that got me going was thanks to Darvinko. I could never get into the installer. Figured it was due to graphics but he figured out how to edit and add the values to the plist of the NV kexts.

-Graphics -> Works with acceleration (haven't noticed anything weird w/ graphics yet)

-WiFi -> Works with modified IO802Networking.kext

-Sound -> Works with modified VoodooHDA.kext (volume controls, mic, etc.)

-Bluetooth -> Works

-Shutdown/Sleep/Restart -> Works natively w/ DSDT; no SleepEnabler needed

-LAN -> Works

-Webcam, TrackPad, TouchStick & SD Card Reader -> Works

Weird thing is, the DSDT I'm using didn't require any special kexts for WiFi but required SleepEnabler in LION. In ML, I now have to use a kext for WiFi but no longer need SleepEnabler.

You guys have your systems up so there's no point in me posting step-by-step instructions. But if anyone else is interested let me know.

Thanks to everyone involved in this thread, particularly Darvinko, Tengokuu, and patel4prez

--snip--

You guys have your systems up so there's no point in me posting step-by-step instructions. But if anyone else is interested let me know.

Thanks to everyone involved in this thread, particularly Darvinko, Tengokuu, and patel4prez

I'd be very interested in that :D I have an E6500 (Nvidia), but I gather that shouldn't really matter? Thanks in advance anyway :)

I'd be very interested in that :D I have an E6500 (Nvidia), but I gather that shouldn't really matter? Thanks in advance anyway :)

I will be compiling (after I get all the fixes together) and re-editing my first post to post a comprehensive guide for installing ML on the E6400/E6500. I hope to have it done this evening. Thanks for your patience.

Darvinko,

It wasn't my fix that was the problem; it was the kext I downloaded. I redownloaded VoodooHDA 2.7.4 from another source (http://code.google.com/p/applelife/downloads/detail?name=VoodooHDA.kext-2.7.4.zip&can=2&q=) and applied my fix and it worked!

Now the only problem I have is with the microphone recognizing internal/system sounds.

Thanks for the help though!