Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

Me again!

I've ben following your progress and it looks like you guys are almost done! I can (almost) say the same!

If possible, can somebody please post the Intel82566MM.kext and the VoodooHDA 2.7.4 package/installer that you guys used?

I am having trouble getting ethernet to work and the VoodooHDA version I used doesn't give me volume control.

Thanks!

Might I suggest to both of you - I install these kexts to my boot stick after each successful install on my system, doing the same (My fix, or permissions repair) as I do on my system. That way, should something KP in a way that I can't undo by either booting in with the stick or single user, I have my backup. FYI iLife 11 and iWork 09 installed and updated without a problem (some of the iLife programs took a little while initializing however). By the way, Tengokuu, which bootpack are you using on your system - the M4300 or Mariusz? The SleepEnabler.kext caused KP on my system.

Might I suggest to both of you - I install these kexts to my boot stick after each successful install on my system, doing the same (My fix, or permissions repair) as I do on my system. That way, should something KP in a way that I can't undo by either booting in with the stick or single user, I have my backup. FYI iLife 11 and iWork 09 installed and updated without a problem (some of the iLife programs took a little while initializing however). By the way, Tengokuu, which bootpack are you using on your system - the M4300 or Mariusz? The SleepEnabler.kext caused KP on my system.

I'm using the M4300 bootpack.

I'm using the M4300 bootpack.

I thought so, the KP mentioned AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in the backtrace. I knew it was in Mariusz bootback (which I'm using), so I might might revert back to M4300, using Mariusz DSDT.aml.

Here's Intel82566MM.kext: http://www.osx86.net/view/2216-intel82566mm.kext.html

and here's the VoodooHDA package, it will say it failed to install, but ignore it: http://www.osx86.net/view/2746-voodoohda_2.7.4_pkg_installer.html/

:)

Thanks! I will test ASAP.

Great idea! Although it takes the suspense out of KPs... :lol:

Also, I just did a little research. The SleepEnabler.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext don't play well when running at the same time. Sooo, if you want sleep, you either have to remove the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext or add Disabler.kext, which basically disables the kext. SleepEnabler.kext should then work. I would assume this applies to most units, not just ours.