Latitude d630

Thund3rbolt

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'haven't used SL for a while now, but great success wth Lion on D630 intel X3100. No issues whatsoever with various EDP versions (from v2.2 to various v3 and now v4).

I managed to roll back to 10.6.7 successfully but had no luck with lion. I tried to use the extra driver pack for d630/lion and a copy of lion install from thumb but it reboots as soon as it starts to load the install. What am I missing? Herve would it be possible for you to zip your /extra folder and post it?

Thanks Leon! I'll try the myhack installer next week when I get back to work. I'd really like to be running lion as the shelf life of snow is nearing an end.

Bronx - I was using the latest chameleon release 2.0 rel 4 I think. Noticed the change to as I just finished a hack onto a p5qse plus system last week. ( Great mobo for installing osx on.)

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving from Canada everyone!

• Administrators

Snow is great.. no doubt there.. but Lion is better.. also a bit slower.. atleast on the D430, but seeing that you are on the D630 then you shouldent notice it.

If you one day upgrade your board to a Nvidia board, then you can even run Mountain Lion

So I thought I would try one last time to get 10.6.8 update to work in case it was a 1 off but the same problem after update. Basically won't boot unless I remove the voodoo battery kext and use a -v but even then it either locks or kp's within a minute or 2. See Photo: Any ideas on this one?

edit: trying the update one more time. This time I have pre-installed edp 2.0 rev 4.

**update -- Success! After pre-installing latest edp I was able to update to 10.6.8 without any issues. Not sure why it had to be pre-installed but it did. My guess is the system was so unstable after the update any further installs were corrupted.

post-8-086177100 1349562210_thumb.jpg