ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hello everyone,

I've got ASUS R510JK(Focaltech touchpad), just installed the newest 4.3 kext and it seems that 2 fingers gestures like scrolling and switching desktops are not working, double tap to open folder/file also not working, is there any solution to fix those problems?

Thanks in advance for all answers.

Hi There,

Firstly, Thank you, Great driver, does everything as advertised.

Just in need of some assistance. I have a v4 Elan Trackpad, Recognised perfectly, but, when I enable the option to disable the trackpad when an external mouse is connected, it does not work and the trackpad remains enabled, tried absolutely everything to correct this, but just not having any luck.. 

STD :: ELAN touchpad found, Hardware version 4 (Firmware version 0x460f04).
STD :: Touchpad ranges are X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 3591 Y_max 1881, CenterX 1795, CenterY 940.
STD :: Touchpad enabled.
STD :: AsusNBFnKeys kext not found, Fn key touchpad disable support wont work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks once again!

Hi There,

Firstly, Thank you, Great driver, does everything as advertised.

Just in need of some assistance. I have a v4 Elan Trackpad, Recognised perfectly, but, when I enable the option to disable the trackpad when an external mouse is connected, it does not work and the trackpad remains enabled, tried absolutely everything to correct this, but just not having any luck.. 

STD :: ELAN touchpad found, Hardware version 4 (Firmware version 0x460f04).
STD :: Touchpad ranges are X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 3591 Y_max 1881, CenterX 1795, CenterY 940.
STD :: Touchpad enabled.
STD :: AsusNBFnKeys kext not found, Fn key touchpad disable support wont work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks once again!

Answer is there..  Install AsusNBFnKeys.kext in EFI first...   in not than install to S/L/E

https://github.com/RanbirAulakh/Asus-Q501LA-Hackintosh/tree/master/kexts/AsusNBFnKeys.kext

Your driver is great, really. But only one thing frustrating me sometimes — when I use two-finger or edge scroll, everything goes fine and smooth if I put my fingers on the touchpad, slid them and immediately put them out; things got to change if I put fingers on the touchpad, slice them and do not put out — page scrolls, then it or stops and start to shake up and down, or continue slowly scroll in the selected direction. Is it native for OS X (I never used real Mac), or it is a bug? For example, in the Linux page stops scrolling if I stop my fingers on the touchpad, and scroll distance depends on finger speed. In your driver distance depends, too, but it's not so comfortable :-( Sorry, if I asked too much, your driver is great anyway! And sorry my terrible English.

Hi!

I have a Asus K551LB

i5/Hshwell-ULT

HD4200U + NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 740M, 1366x768

Which Files should i Donwload for my ElanTouchpad?

i Used SmoothMouse and ApplePS2ElanTouchPad, but the scrolling with the touchpad dont work...

Tanks

Hello.

I'm using version 4.2, as 2 Finger Scrolling in 4.3 doesn't work (I can only scroll in one direction, the other one never works).

There's this issue I've had for a while now (on both versions) whereby the mouse locks up (can't do anything, the trackpad might respond to some input but in a random manner). In some cases it even disrupts mouse clicks. Do you have any idea as to why this happens?

Is there some way for me to debug this? I noticed there's a DebugLevel variable inside Info.plist... What other levels are there? Do they print debug messages to /var/log/system.log?

On a side note, I'd also like to ask why you're not opening the source for the kext. It seems counter-productive since you don't seem to have enough time to maintain this, so a few more sets of eyes would go a long way in enhancing the kext.

Hello, I am so dumb. Which one should I download and install if I have Lenovo Y510p? What's the difference between smart touch and elan?

SmartTouchpad is the newest driver. You should use that, starting with v4.3, though if you have issues you can also try v4.2.