PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
EMlyDinEsH

ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver (Mac OS X)

what is the difference of both releases aside from arch?

There is no difference between the x64 and x86 versions of SmartTouchpad other than arch. The 32bit build is intended for those with 32bit processors that are stuck on Snow Leopard.

Hey Everyone!! 

my feedback about the smart touchpad Elan v.4.4

My System:

Zenbook UX305FA (FullHD Version)

El Capitan Beta 2 

Good Things:

- The driver works on yosemite and el capitan beta

- multitouch is works just fine

- two fingers scrolling need to move the scroll speed slider once before 2 finger scroll will work

And the bad things:

The sensibility its too high a little less will work perfect

What do you mean by sensibility? If you're refering to pointer speed, that can be configured in both the Apple System Preference Pane, as well as in the driver itself. Find more information on how to configure the driver here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5966-details-about-the-smart-touchpad-driver-features/

Why rubber band scroll effect isn't working?

Need more information. Please tell us what system you have, what version of SmartTouchpad you are using, and what touchpad you have. An easy way to find this information is by opening a terminal and issuing:

sudo dmesg |grep -y std

Thanks for the kext, the problem is that I have a V3 Elan Touchpad and when I'm going to swipe with 3 fingers, the cursor becomes crazy and it goes from top to bottom from left to right of the display in a fraction on second and it starts using double touch on its own and the only way to fix this is to stop the pc and reboot. 

The PC is a E1-570G, could anyone please help me fix this?

Need more information. Please tell us what system you have, what version of SmartTouchpad you are using, and what touchpad you have. An easy way to find this information is by opening a terminal and issuing:

sudo dmesg |grep -y std

Does anybody know whether it is possible to override touchpad ranges? During boot SmartTouchPad.kext posts message:

Touchpad ranges are X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 3260 Y_max 2119, CenterX 1630, CenterY 1059."
Are there any keys in Info.plist that will allow to change X_min and Y_min values so that some part of touchpad doesn't respond to touches? Ability to disable some part of touchpad's area will be very helpful for the users of laptops that have touchpad located closer to the left border, instead of having it at center, to prevent accidental touches by left hand.

SmartTouchpad doesn't currently support this, as far as I know, but a configuration key that would ignore some percentage of the trackpad seems like it wouldn't be too hard to implement. I'll suggest it to the developer.

Hi, i can't get two finger scroll to work

This is a frequently covered question: two-finger scroll wont work until you change the scrolling speed in the Apple Trackpad System Preference Pane.

If I disable and enable touchpad many times touchpad is acting like a crazy

sudo dmesg |grep -y std
  • Like 1

Hi my laptop is asus s400. Its equipped with a élan touchpad. I remember back in mavericks, i used your kext and the two finger scrolling works and left/right edge swapping but other gestures such as pinching the touchpad to launch launchpad doesn't work. Now with your this kext the pinching gesture works, double tap too but the two finger scrolling, left/right edge doesn't. I tried your latest kext to no avail. Thank you very much.

Is it possible to disable touchpad some way? I.e. after USB mouse connection or by keyboard shortcut? I know there is accesibility option, but it doesn't work. Pref pane is disabled, but touchpad still works.

I have a Lenovo Y50-70 with ELAN touchpad and I'm about to install Yosemite 10.10.5 on it. I see you got a lot of downloads and feedback on your kexts for this touchpad and I am really keen to try them out. However, I'm trouble understanding what exactly I should be downloading.

You provide a lot of attachments in your post and I don't know how to proceed. Which of the attachments do I grab and install to my system once I'm finished with the system installation?

EDIT:

I think it should be made clearer in the first post on which attachment to download and start using. Don't say "any of them works", because no, it shouldn't be like that. There should be a developer's recommendation on which attachment to use as the first choice. For example, I got confused at the part where some attachments are named ELAN_* and some are SmartTouchPad_* ... What should I get for my ELAN touchpad? This is really confusing. It doesn't feel intuitive to grab those SmartTouchPad_* attachments, when there are ELAN attachments available. I don't know what to do!?

What about the three first attachments: SmoothMouse 1.0.5.zip, mouseaccelerationpref11d.zip and Apple Keyboard Layout ID.rtf. What are these about? Do I need to install them? There is NOTHING written about these.

This is kinda frustrating and seeing that getting a response here is rare, it makes it even harder to deal with. I just want to move on with my installation and be able to use the provided kexts the best way possible, but not being descriptive enough is a huge issue (for beginners like me at least)

Please help.

i thought the first post explains each version well enough to determine what each version does and its capabilities. what you need to know is exactly what version of hardware and firmware your machine has. he mentions he uses a z50-70 i do not know the difference between your model and his as you have a y50-70 in his case the z50 is a synaptic trackpad not an elan. with is why he integrated focaltec and synaptic to the élan trackpad and that called for the driver name to change as it was not only élan supported any longer. it seems to state it clearly but maybe i missed something that you seem to see.

i thought the first post explains each version well enough to determine what each version does and its capabilities. what you need to know is exactly what version of hardware and firmware your machine has. he mentions he uses a z50-70 i do not know the difference between your model and his as you have a y50-70 in his case the z50 is a synaptic trackpad not an elan. with is why he integrated focaltec and synaptic to the élan trackpad and that called for the driver name to change as it was not only élan supported any longer. it seems to state it clearly but maybe i missed something that you seem to see.

So according to you, what attachment do I use? And what about this question?:

What about the three first attachments: SmoothMouse 1.0.5.zip, mouseaccelerationpref11d.zip and Apple Keyboard Layout ID.rtf. What are these about? Do I need to install them? There is NOTHING written about these.

Thank you for  your response.