ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I will ask again hehe

Hi

Thanks for this drivers, works perfect.
Just one question, I have a Lenovo z500, with Spanish keyboard, and my keys (º) and (

Thanks in advance.

Read keyboard features thread and enable ISO layout.

After sleep touchpad randomly not working.

Synaptics ClickPad v8.1.

New version 4.5 fixes sleep issue. Please PM me for beta test.

Hi Im a big fan of the Elan touchpad kext! Was just wondering if there is a way to use the Fn Key on my Asus N56 Keyboard to activate all of the FN Key functions instead of the right context menu? Ive tried doing this in conjunction with the ASUS FN hotkey driver but doesn't work at all when I have the Elan Touchpad kext installed. 

Your Fn keys should work with my AsusNBFnkeys kext. If its not working then PM me your DSDT with system log and ioreg.

If I use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext :

STD : Could not detect touchpad (or) controller did not respond properly. 

The touchpad works as a simple mouse (no multitouch,gestures,not detected in Pref/Touchpad) but keyboard is not working.

If I use VoodooPS2Controller.kext :

Touchpad works the same but keyboard works.

touchpad.png

My driver works only with synaptic touchpad fw v7.5+ Let me see your system log with my kext installed to confirm.

Is a problem with key maps for FN1 mode. When i replace FN1 mode with FN2 the key map for F7 is lost and start working as F9(touchpad disable), after 10-15 minutes it works again.

I did not get you clearly. Please explain your problem in PM and i'll try debug with my new build.

I can confirm this too .. using 10.11.

Pm me for beta test plz.

does this work with hp probook 4540s??

It will work only if you have ELAN, Focaltech and Synaptics (fw v7.5+)

I just want to say thanks, this works great. The problem is that my touchpad is really awful (in Windows too, it's just made like that) but with Smart Touchpad it's really behaving great. Sometimes there are wrong inputs but other than that I like it very much.

I've been using some modified VoodooPS2 before this, but this actually is better. Now some info.plist modding and I'll be good to go! :)

Also curious, are there any plans for a prefpane?

I'm glad that it works great for you. Please try to experiment with plist options and you will find your sweet spot easily as i've explained everything in my features thread. Prefpane is in the works but has my least attention as I'm keep changing plist a lot so I'm focusing on functionality and stability first.