ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hi, @EMlyDinEsH

Thank you for your great work!

Everything works fine, but touchpad behavior is little strange. When I move finger straight from top to down (or from left to right), pointer doesn't goes straight. It moves like a sine with a small amplitude. On Ubuntu touchpad works fine: if I move finger straight, pointer moves straight too.

I have tried to change smoother samples count and resolution values, but it doesn't helps me anyhow.

And one more thing. On Ubuntu I can start dragging, leave one finger ANYWHERE on touchpad and continue dragging with other finger (it is very helpful when dragging on a long distances), but in OS X I can only drag with two fingers when one finger is on buttons zone. So, is there any way to get dragging work like on Ubuntu (and Windows)?

If it helps, my laptop is Asus UX32A (it has Elan v4 touchpad).

PM me as i need to debug  debug your case to help you.

Does anyone know why the trackpad stops working for me after using it for a while?  I am using élan driver. The only way for me to fix this is to restart but issue happens again

Which version you used ? Can you tell me the gestures or key press you used before that along with system log with time when it stopped working ?

Hi!

Thank you for great work! Finally, touchpad doesn't freeze after system sleep!!!

But I don't like keyboard driver included into SmartTouchPad driver :( For example, key commands with custom keyboard driver not always works properly. And I don't know why, zooming like "command+mouse wheel" in Logic Pro X doesn't work :( But touchpad working fine!

Is there any way to disable custom keyboard driver at get back legacy driver?

Thank you. Sorry for my bad English..

Sorry for late reply. Legacy driver ? could you please explain your problem in PM so i can help you fixing these issues. Also which version used ?

Did you change scroll speed after installing my driver ? its must for scroll to work. I have shortcut to reset touchpad (Shift + Caps + ESC, press one after another and dont release anything. You can check system log for touchpad reconnect messages). Please PM me so i can debug your case if you can help me with logs by reproducing your bug.

Thank you!!!

Shift + Caps + ESC works! Now I can easily get working touchpad!

Regarding scrolling: I changed speed many times before, and I can't say scrolling completely doesn't work.

It works, but sometimes I have to swipe 3-5 times before a page is scrolled down or up, so I prefer do not use 2F-scrolling.

Thank you!!!

Shift + Caps + ESC works! Now I can easily get working touchpad!

Regarding scrolling: I changed speed many times before, and I can't say scrolling completely doesn't work.

It works, but sometimes I have to swipe 3-5 times before a page is scrolled down or up, so I prefer do not use 2F-scrolling.

Seems strange with your scroll, can you PM me for beta test so i can debug to fix this ?

Hello everyone.. I almost made my laptop fully working... I have one minor issue with my trackpad now...

The trackpad works, but the smart gestures don't work, well some of them works... But the main one I use don't...

Like two finger scroll, or "tap" click..

And also when I plug the external mouse the trackpad still works, even if i marked in settings "disable" option.

I appreciate any help..

Great work EMlyDinEsH.

The keyboard backlight DSDT patch needs to be modified to work on Broadwell laptops (mine is ASUS K501LX). This line:

^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x04B1, Local1) 

should be changed to

^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0xF8B1, Local1)

I got the address value by looking at \_SB.ATKD.SLKB method in my DSDT. Hope this will help anyone who has a Broadwell laptop.  :-P

Guest wujekfester

Ive got elan touchpad in samsung np730u3e. ive try to remap gestures to be like original apple but i dont have three finger draging and other cool stuf like 4 finger gesture to show desktop, two finger back forward in safari. Is there any config to enable original apple gestures on elan? ive got 5 touch compatibility.

Guest wujekfester

Ive got elan touchpad in samsung np730u3e. ive try to remap gestures to be like original apple but i dont have three finger draging and other cool stuf like 4 finger gesture to show desktop, two finger back forward in safari. Is there any config to enable original apple gestures on elan? ive got 5 touch compatibility.