ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Does anyone know a workaround for the unexpected right-click when i tap with the touchpad on the back button in chrome, finder, safari etc? Also the "after-scoll" when you stop scrolling is kind of annoying. Is there a way to get rid of this? Thank in advance :)

15-06-13 15:44:28,000 kernel[0]: ElanTech Touchpad driver v2.6  by EMlyDinEsHMG(OSXLatitude) (c) 2012-2013
15-06-13 15:44:28,000 kernel[0]: Elan: Detecting the touchpad
15-06-13 15:44:28,000 kernel[0]: Elan: FirmWare Version 262402
15-06-13 15:44:28,000 kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 2 (with firmware version 0x040102)
15-06-13 15:44:28,000 kernel[0]: Elan: Sorry your hardware versions 2 is not supported yet by this driver, For help contact me on [email protected] and I will try to support as much I can in my time but I can't promise

15-06-13 15:44:28,000 kernel[0]: ElanTech Touchpad driver v2.6  by EMlyDinEsHMG(OSXLatitude) (c) 2012-2013
15-06-13 15:44:28,000 kernel[0]: Elan: Detecting the touchpad
15-06-13 15:44:28,000 kernel[0]: Elan: FirmWare Version 262402
15-06-13 15:44:28,000 kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 2 (with firmware version 0x040102)
15-06-13 15:44:28,000 kernel[0]: Elan: Sorry your hardware versions 2 is not supported yet by this driver, For help contact me on [email protected] and I will try to support as much I can in my time but I can't promise

Your touchpad isn't supported. That's what the console message is saying, this kext is for v3 and v4.

Hi,

Great work with this driver. Just one thing.

I don't understand how to simply drag a window around after enabling this driver?

If I just click on the title of the window and drag, it doesn't work with the trackpad (though this behavior works fine with an external mouse). I noticed I've to click on the titlebar, then double tap, then drag and tap again to release.

Why does it have to be so complicated? Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

This driver works amazing, just have a few questions!

So i've been trying to map the brightness controls onto my acer E1-571 but wherever i seem to set the controls they don't move after restart, is my DSDT or something overriding the mapping in the plist?

Also as Dayson has said, when using your new 2.6 driver, when i try and drag sometimes the mouse will lock onto the window, how would i go around turning this off? and could i make the one click drag faster so i literally just have to click and drag? as of right now i have to hold for a moment then drag?

thanks for the work!

I don't understand how to simply drag a window around after enabling this driver?

Why does it have to be so complicated? Or am I missing something?

I've had issues with this, too. Handling multi-touch is tricky business. Now, I've got 2F-scrolling working, but, like you, dragging windows can be a problem if you don't do it carefully.

Thanks for great driver. My system: asus k53sc elan v3, driver version: 2.6. Everything are great, but I can't disable my touchpad with Fn+F9. Any idea? 

yes, i've implemented fn + f9 with my fn key driver in the coming new update (but will work only with my touchpad driver).

This driver works amazing, just have a few questions!

So i've been trying to map the brightness controls onto my acer E1-571 but wherever i seem to set the controls they don't move after restart, is my DSDT or something overriding the mapping in the plist?

Also as Dayson has said, when using your new 2.6 driver, when i try and drag sometimes the mouse will lock onto the window, how would i go around turning this off? and could i make the one click drag faster so i literally just have to click and drag? as of right now i have to hold for a moment then drag?

thanks for the work!

There are some bugs in my driver for v4 which is becoz i don't have v4 hardware to debug so i'm relying upon the beta testers logs which is little difficult. But, I did solve many of bugs in the new update 2.7.5 so check that and let me know if you have any issues.