Latitude E5550: no graphics acceleration for HD5500 in Mojave

bgrau2000

How do I get the exact CPU reference model, the vendor said it was i5 fifth generation, & I got from Windows it is revision 09.

in fact I keep getting in any instance of trial the following message at boot up:

unsupported CPU

unsupported PCH

but then it loads & works perfectly with all drivers working that is apart from graphics acceleration, but

at boot up the iGPU is perfectly recognised & said to be valid

only then it says

[iGPU] graphics driver failed to load, could not register with the framebuffer driver.

• Administrators

In BIOS settings, as usual with all Dell computers.

Your posted config is wrong in many respects. Why do you keep adding stuff that are in complete contradiction with each other ???

Proceed as follows:

1) update Clover to latest version

2) adjust your config with latest version of CloverConfigurator app

3) in your config, please remove this:

Latitude5550_ACPI.jpg

4) remove this:

Latitude5550_Graphics.jpg

5) remove this:

Latitude5550_Devices#1.jpg

6) remove this:

Latitude5550_Devices#2.jpg

7) in SMBIOS tab, select a different SMBIOS then MacBookPro12,1 again

Then save your Clover config and reboot.

Thanks for the help Herve.

For me it is guesswork, I am not an expert on Clover settings.

I will try your suggestion tomorrow, however in my experience this is the only version of Clover that works for me (*5102*).

I will first make the changes you advised with what I am using, if it does not work I will try to update Clover & its configurator.

Cheers.

PS I have also upgraded to the latest versions of AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen.kext using Hackintool.

The rest are up to date.

Sorry for delay, Long Covid symptoms...

I did as you said for the config.plist, there is an improvement, system profiler now identifies the graphics card as the compatible one 0x1626 (see below) , but not yet fully accept it,

just to make sure I copied AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen.kext to /Library/Extensions/ & ran Kext Utility.

What I haven't done yet is upgrade Clover & its configurator which I will do next.

current amended as per your advice config.plist attached...

Intel HD Graphics 5500:

Chipset Model:    Intel HD Graphics 5500
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    Built-In
  VRAM (Total):    7 MB
  VRAM (Dynamic, Max):    
  Vendor:    Intel
  Device ID:    0x1626
  Revision ID:    0x0009
  Kernel Extension Info:    No Kext Loaded
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution:    1920x1080 (1080p FHD - Full High Definition)
  UI Looks like:    1920 x 1080
  Framebuffer Depth:    24-Bit Colour (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:    Yes
  Mirror:    Off
  Online:    Yes
  Automatically Adjust Brightness:    No

config.plist.zip

I upgraded the Clover configurator but I have a problem for Clover itself, it says cannot contact server, I need to look elsewhere for the latest clover...

I am also upgrading Hackintool to 3.9x (I have 2.9).

Found Clover through latest Hackintool, it is version 5155, let's see if it will accept to boot my system...

• Moderators

I don't think you need to move kexts to /Library/Extensions anymore, should load from the EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder

If you have previously added any kext to /L/E, like FakePCIID*, remove them, rebuild cache and see if that fixes your graphics issue.

Hi Jake,

I didn't move any FakePCI* to /L/E/

Hi Herve, Clover v5155 brings me to square -1:

It gives me usual graphical menu, only shows what is on the drive that has the EFI it's installed on,

(I have two drives or more; USB3 & eSATA attached with several versions of OS X, Sierra, High Sierra, etc)

when I select the only option it shows which is obviously Mojave all I get is a blank screen.

I tried to run config.plist by the latest configurator & saved it to boot, same thing,

again I tried re-install Clover with standard options over what I installed already (please note I installed the first instance on a blank EFI partition, then added kexts & ACPI patches & overwrote config.plist).

no go...

as I said earlier, I experimented with Clover before & the only one that worked for me was version 5102.

I note that you used I think a lower version for your setup 509x I think.

Don't forget this is a 2019 laptop, so quite old, I had the same problem with Motherboard Asus P8H67-M LE High Sierra & Mojave which was solved working 100%.

I will try to reinstall again without the config.plist & see if it will boot but I strongly doubt it.

Clover v5155 does not work for me, I get a blank screen no matter what I try.

Will search to see if there is a solution but I remember on my work for a custom made PC I built with motherboard Asus P8H67-M LE, the best Clover was v5102.

Yes it is documented here after 5120 black screen for Clover...

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/issues/269

As I linked up I'm not the only one.

I also tried pre-OC merge Clover v5119, it does not recognise apfs fusion drive, I have hfs Mojave too, it will choke at boot up.

The apfs version is as vanilla as it can be as I updated it through the Mac OS Recovery Drive.

The only thing extra is getting patches to run them on MacBook Air 4,2 (mid 2011), they both run perfectly well.

The apfs one runs perfectly on macmini7,1 so acts as vanilla.

I am tired, I got everything working bar graphics, I will use the laptop for other OSes, time to have fun with Chrome OS :)

(Tails, Ubuntu, Arch Linux, Windows 10, 8.1, 11 all work perfectly well oob).

Thanks & sorry for wasting your time, I might come back to it later on insanelymac where I have put 2 threads there.

Chameleon was easier to handle for me up to Sierra.

Be Safe.

theNabster