Dell 7410 Comet Lake: can't boot any macOS installer

BBoy

Hi Guys.

I have a Dell 7410 i7-10810U with UHD 620 graphics, Intel AX201 Wifi, Samsung 970 Evo Plus drive (512G with updated firmware), ALC3254 audio.

I've tried many flavours of OC, also Clover, and I can't get anything to load the macOS installer.  They all fail at the same point: 

25:110 00:020 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2023-11-03T13:19:46

but with errors prior to this which I don't know if they are important/relevant.

I believe my BIOS is correctly set up, and unlocked.  I don't know how to debug further.

Any help would be appreciated.

config.plist.zip opencore-2023-11-03-131921.txt.zip

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correct - OC 0.9.5.  I've tried Ventura, Big Sur and Catalina but not sure it's getting as far as any of these installers?

I removed the Hynix HD and put in a Samsung 970 EVO plus.  This 'can' be a bad HD but it's one I used on my desktop hackintosh as the boot disk, with OC, with a samsung firmware update.  I can try and find a different drive if you think this could be causing an issue?  Can could disable it in the BIOS and just use a large external USB drive for testing?

Looks like it fails in the same way :-(opencore-2023-11-06-074912.txt.zip

Can I understand something please.  Does the combination of drivers, kexts, and quirks need to be correct at the point it reaches EXITBS in the log?  The reason why I ask this is that I've tried disabling all the quirks, enabling them all, and removing all kexts except Lilu, AppleALC and WhateverGreen and the log always stops in the same place - EXITBS.  I'm just trying to understand what's important.

I also updated the DELL firmware today from 1.15.0 to 1.24.0 and this didn't seem to make any difference.

I think I'm losing the will to live! :-(