GUIDE- Acer Aspire Timeline M5-581TG-6666 OSX Mountain lion 10.8.4 - NEW 6/6/2013

dragon

Ok, but that is not sustainable because that is safe mode. We need to identify the kext causing startup to fail and fix the issue.

1) How can I view logs? Without -x option installation stucks after first screen apears (so -v option can't help).

2) I tried to install in -x mode, but at the end (progress bar is full) I have an error (installation not complete). In spite of this I can boot to "installed" Mac Os, but nothing works: touchpad, wifi, bluetooth, ethernet, usb 3.0 ports, etc. Can I install files from this post (kexts, DSDT, SSDT, smbios) manually? And how to do it right?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1) How can I view logs? Without -x option installation stucks after first screen apears (so -v option can't help).

2) I tried to install in -x mode, but at the end (progress bar is full) I have an error (installation not complete). In spite of this I can boot to "installed" Mac Os, but nothing works: touchpad, wifi, bluetooth, ethernet, usb 3.0 ports, etc. Can I install files from this post (kexts, DSDT, SSDT, smbios) manually? And how to do it right?

1)Boot with -x -v.

2)Make sure that you formatted the usb using master boot record in disk utility , I had the same problem at theen of the installation and that was the problem.

1) Format USB to MBR didn't help me: as before booting installer with -v stuck after installation screen apear (so i can't see error log); booting installer with -v -x gives error at the end of installation.

2) If I boot MacOs (installed with error) with USB bootloader with -v  -  it stucks with NTFS-fs warning (I have windows partition). Do anybody know this kind of problem? Can NTFS partitions mounting be disabled?

3) If I boot also with -x  -  it boots but no touchpad, ethernet, bluetooth, wifi, USB 3.0 ports support. I think it happens because in "safe mode" no drivers (kexts) loading for such devices. Am I right?

1) Format USB to MBR didn't help me: as before booting installer with -v stuck after installation screen apear (so i can't see error log); booting installer with -v -x gives error at the end of installation.

2) If I boot MacOs (installed with error) with USB bootloader with -v  -  it stucks with NTFS-fs warning (I have windows partition). Do anybody know this kind of problem? Can NTFS partitions mounting be disabled?

3) If I boot also with -x  -  it boots but no touchpad, ethernet, bluetooth, wifi, USB 3.0 ports support. I think it happens because in "safe mode" no drivers (kexts) loading for such devices. Am I right?

What version of Mountain Lion are you using?

To fix the NFTS-fs warning you have to run a full CHKDSK from windows.

In safe mode you have to install patched kext, dsdt, multifail... to make it work whitout boot flags.

To make USB 3.0 work, you have to install usb legacy from multifail, and for touchpar install elan touchpad kexts.

If you are using 10.8.2, you will have a lot of problems, use 10.8.

Thanks for answers.

Sorry if I bored you, but some moments isn't clear to me:

1) To "install" patched kexts I just need to copy them to /S/L/E on HDD ?

2) How to install DTST, SSDT, org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist ? Just place them to /Extra on HDD ?

3) multifail contains a lot of stuff. What do you recommend to install from it (except usb legacy) ?

Thanks for answers.

Sorry if I bored you, but some moments isn't clear to me:

1) To "install" patched kexts I just need to copy them to /S/L/E on HDD ?

2) How to install DTST, SSDT, org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist ? Just place them to /Extra on HDD ?

3) multifail contains a lot of stuff. What do you recommend to install from it (except usb legacy) ?

1) Better use Kext Utility to install all the kexts.

2)Yes.

3) I installed usb legacy and chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) bootlader, Thats all.

Then Mountain Lion should be running perfectly. The only problem that I have is that my WiFi card is not working yet, I hope that someone solve us this problem. ;)

I have updated to 10.8.2 successfully. you need to replace two kext with previous version of the same kext after installing 10.8.2 update.

I think they were( AppleSMBusPCI.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext)

also remove problematic kext by using myHack app

-Our wifi is not supported by apple yet, but you can replace it with this one and use this guide to make bluetooth and wifi works

-for usb 3.0 we might see new kexts in 10.8.3 after its released and make it works

Sorry, totally forgot to commit your system! Could you contact me on Skype? (royal_noob3). Thanks for your work on it! :)

I commited it to EDP, but this topic is quite a mess. Could someone try the system with EDP?

I need also to know which ethernet chip and audio chip you have, to add it nice to EDP. Now I putted those kexts just in the model folder instead of the generic folders.

Sorry, totally forgot to commit your system! Could you contact me on Skype? (royal_noob3). Thanks for your work on it! :)

I commited it to EDP, but this topic is quite a mess. Could someone try the system with EDP?

I need also to know which ethernet chip and audio chip you have, to add it nice to EDP. Now I putted those kexts just in the model folder instead of the generic folders.

Hi

there is no notification so I am sorry for the delay

here it is

Audio is=Realtek ALC269

Ethernet is=Broadcom BCM57780 Gigabit Ethernet

Audio doesnt work for me if I use Chemera and best bootloader for my build is

Chameleon-2.1-r2069