Precision 5550: About Mac not showing smbios model

murimoney

Just like the title says, I don't know if it's from Dell bios but no matter what, Dell hackintosh does not show MacBook model in about Mac. I've seen some posts on Reddit with the same complaint as well and I am starting to think that this is problem was introduced in some latest bios update. The custom smbios option does not fix this and absolutely nothing does as I have tried all things. My laptop is a Dell precision 5550 by the way. Of course, bios downgrade is not allowed.

Instead of showing the details of the smbios chosen like in my case: MacBook Pro 16,4, it shows that and the real clock speed of my CPU.

Any help would be helpful. Thanks

17009907652945284733683733827486.jpg

• Administrators

Renaming this thread as, even if there were an issue, it would in no way be a "Dell bug" !

Not seeing the basic specs of your selected Mac model under the "MacBook Pro" line (like size, year and TB ports) is likely to be linked to your bootloader settings. Do check them out. Nothing to do with laptop's BIOS for sure. Can't say more, you've not bothered to post any details of your Hackintosh setup whatsoever.

This being said, it's such a minor matter, I wouldn't waste much time on it...

• Like 1