Dell Inspiron 6400

kannan

I have now reverted to 10.7.5 on my main hard disk as well. 

Booted into OS X 10.7.5 from the USB hard drive and formatted my Lion (10.7.3) partition in my internal SATA HDD and used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone 10.7.5 from USB HDD into the SATA HDD's formatted OS X partition.

Rebooted into the cloned SATA HDD drive using the bootloader on USB HDD as helper and re-installed Chameleon into the cloned SATA OS X Lion 10.7.5 partition.

Ejected the USB HDD and restarted successfully with my default SATA drive into OS X 10.7.5.

Everything works except sleep. No way to test it as my power button is broken and I am forced to power on with MediaDirect button.

I guess Mountain Lion is completely ruled out as it does not support 32bit kexts which is essential for driving the graphics card.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Leon" data-cid="15550" data-time="1358669454"><p>

awesome mate.. hope it works great.. lets meet up on skype.. we have a meeting tomorrow morning at 20:00 GMT, would be great if you could join</p></blockquote>

Sorry Leon, I just saw your reply. Hands are full at the moment with pending office work. Will be able to login only tommorow or maybe later today.

Regards

Kannan

• Administrators

This machine is now integrated to EDP. As such, you don't need any detailed tutorial for OS X installation other than what is documented in the EDP pages (pre-installation, installation + post- installation). All you need is the myHack USB installer + the bootpack, then EDP upon OS X installation. Just follow the process!

This machine is now integrated to EDP. As such, you don't need any detailed tutorial for OS X installation other than what is documented in the EDP pages (pre-installation, installation + post- installation). All you need is the myHack USB installer + the bootpack, then EDP upon OS X installation. Just follow the process!

followed edp instructions and the installer only booted to grey apple logo and stopped. I booted with -v and it froze on a black screen with no messages at all :/