Toshiba Portege R500- ML successfull install but no wireless

Rafal

Hi, I've also successfully installed Lion 10.7.5 (latest version and all updates) on my recently acquired Toshiba Portege R500. Installation was a breeze and for full QE/CI I need to boot in 32bit and also use a custom AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. (attached).

WiFi (Intel) doesn't work, but I've switched to a mini pci-e Broadcom BCM94311MCG card, that's natively recognized as airport. Problem solved.

Bluetooth is not recognized by system profiler, but since I've done a fresh windows 7 install too, maybe it needs to be activated first in the windows partition... I'll give it a try.

Sleep kind of works, with sleepenabler.kext it does get to sleep successfully but wakes up immediately after...to a very, very dark screen. Keyboard and touchpad also stop to work. So a lot of work still to be done to sort this one out...

Other than this everything's working great with some artifacts like the sound with voodooHDA 2.6.1 and the battery with VoodooBattery. But it's been so far 100% stable (no KP's).

What may I do to help out getting this one to the EDP DB? :)

PS - I also got a similar almost fully working Toshiba Portege R830 running ML 10.8.2.

Extra.zip

Toshiba_R500_kexts.zip

I have spent more hours than I care to admit to, putting SL 10.6.8 on the Toshiba Portege R500.

Working: Video - nearly correct, running in 32 bit mode "Open GL Engine activated via EFI String

The machine boots up at 1280x768, It should be 1280x 800.  This is not presented as

an option.  SwitchResX will fix this.

Trackpad - installed with working prefpane.  Two finger gestures is not workable.

Audio - played the Apple tune at first boot.  Then causes kernel panic.  Removed all

audio kexts solved kp.  A $3 generic USB audio adapter works perfectly.

USB - appears to be fine with no issues.

WiFi - Had to replace the Intel card with a Broadcom BCM43xx card.  Available for about $20

Appears then as native Airport card.

Ethernet - appears to be fine with no issues

DVD/CD - R/W and burns fine.

Non- Working

Firewire - kernel panics.  Removing all firewire related kexts fixes this.

Bluetooth - didn't try to solve this yet.

SD card reader - didn't try to solve this yet.

Sleep - the LCD display darkens when the lid is closed and comes back if not too long term.

I don't think the sleep functions properly.

General - Installed Temperature Monitor. CPU runs about 60 C at low loads, about 70 to 75 C at full load

(i. e. playing Youtube vide)

BTW,  this is a triple boot machine, along with Ubuntu and Win7.  Partitioned as MBR, using Chameleon

bootloader.

Trqstr,

Thanks for the generous offer.  Unfortunately I have software I still run that depends on Rosetta.  I'm stuck for now at SL.  I found a bluetooth solution last night, used Ukelele

for a minor keyboard problem.  The only thing which would be very nice to have is the 

onboard audio working reliably.

Trqstr,

Thanks for the generous offer.  Unfortunately I have software I still run that depends on Rosetta.  I'm stuck for now at SL.  I found a bluetooth solution last night, used Ukelele

for a minor keyboard problem.  The only thing which would be very nice to have is the 

onboard audio working reliably.

Have you tried "my" VoodooHDA.kext? 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2551060/VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Good luck! :)